Options

LAZZZYYY

tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
im soo lazy.. i just got around to ordering my books from Bookpool.com ..

got both cwna/sp from bookpoll for 90bucks shipped 2 day air..

should be here on thurday.. hopefully take the NA exam at the end of the month..

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    heeeeeeeeeey. I thought u were calling out for me icon_wink.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    got my books.. this is some good stuff... i am already learning new things about RF so far..

the book is not dry and boring. this is soo key to my studying
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Interesting isn't it? I just ordered the book+practice exams+voucher special a couple of days ago. I hope I'll be able to focus on Security+ for a couple of weeks more and pass that one first before I get all RF-minded ;)

Good luck tokhss and have fun!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Webmaster wrote:
    Interesting isn't it? I just ordered the book+practice exams+voucher special a couple of days ago. I hope I'll be able to focus on Security+ for a couple of weeks more and pass that one first before I get all RF-minded ;)

Good luck tokhss and have fun!
    I also purchased the book+practice exams+voucher special and I'm very happy with the quality of the book material. I'm saving the on-line practice exam questions for after I've finished the book.

I'm also plowing through the Boson CWNA practice exams right now. Their material is pretty much taken directly from the Planet3 CWNA study guide, and I'm finding it a good way to study, but I've read that Boson's Q&A format is not a very good representation of the CWNA exam itself.

All-in-all the CWNA material is causing me to regret never having achieved my HAM radio license. I was all excited about trying to build a 2.4GHz antenna put of a Pringles(tm) can, but then I stumbled across www.cantenna.com and decided to buy one instead. (I haven't seen my soldering iron in years, anyways icon_confused.gif )

I did get an Orinoco Gold WNIC, 7 dBi antenna, and NetStumbler for my laptop, tho. Luv eBay!! icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    I was all excited about trying to build a 2.4GHz antenna put of a Pringles(tm) can, but then I stumbled across www.cantenna.com and decided to buy one instead.
    Seems like a good deal, although building one using the Pringles(tm) sounds exciting indeed.

Waiting for the book to be delivered, so I started reading the chapters online at amazon and cwne... icon_rolleyes.gif I should be finishing my Sec+ first. But I like what I've seen so far, no nonsense and consise.

I haven't 'opened' the practice exam package either, saving it for later, but I think those should be enough. I will write a couple of dozen new questions for the site as well.
  • Options
    seekseek Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had good sucess with the offical study guide and offical practice exams.

There were a few exam questions that were not covered in either training materials that I could find.

If you are getting 90% on the practice exams..I would go write.

I am trying to start Security + this month..need to decide on what study guide to start with.

Seek
  • Options
    where did you buy the voucher?
  • Options
    The voucher is a 25% discount on the exam and is include in some specials at www.cwne.com