Options

9 Day's to First R&S Lab Attempt

Comments

• Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    MrD wrote:
    I just finished an AWESOME QoS Review! Touched most major topics including legacy. I'm starting to get a headache, so I think I'm gonna call it a night. Maybe go grab a steak at Sizzler next door, then watch some TV. I think I'm going to do a multicast review and a core lab tomorrow which focuses on end-to-end connectivity.

Anyway, that's about it I reckon. Feeling pretty good about the whole situation. Feeling very confident...trying to think of anything I should lab up tomorrow, but I'm strong on it all, so it's all good! :)

I better see a CCIE # after this post icon_eek.gif:D
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    CCIE-4-HIRECCIE-4-HIRE Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrD.,

Good luck, I hope you do well. Try to get some sleep.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Mr. CCIE # ____ by the look of it, it seems like you are going to nail it!

YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Good Luck mate!!!! Knock the lab for 6!!!! :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Well, I'm off to breakfast and then the lab.... icon_eek.gif:D
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    goodluck MrD. let us know what happens next.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    Well, I'm waiting on the free continental breakfast at the hotel (which kicks major arse by the way). My allergies/sinuses are friggin killin me today unfortunately...trying to decide on whether or not to take some medicine...
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck again!
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MrD wrote:
    Well, I'm waiting on the free continental breakfast at the hotel (which kicks major arse by the way).
    That's why I love Embassy Suites! :D

MrD wrote:
    My allergies/sinuses are friggin killin me today unfortunately...trying to decide on whether or not to take some medicine...
    Maybe a half dose to take the edge off, but not make you loopy?

Best of skill (and a little luck) to you MrD! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck, we are all behind you :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We're pulling for you man. Good luck.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Options
    CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    go go go go!
    get it!
    gooood luck!!
    I hate pandas
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MrD wrote:
    Well, I'm waiting on the free continental breakfast at the hotel (which kicks major arse by the way). My allergies/sinuses are friggin killin me today unfortunately...trying to decide on whether or not to take some medicine...

you could always 1/2 dose it or some DayQuill!

Show that lab who's the boss!!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Good luck on your lab today. Blow it out of the park
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    So how did it go?? inquiring minds would like to know :D

Maybe MrD is so caught up in celebration that he forgot to update his fellow TE followers drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    What an experience! I arrived an hour early, so I could make sure I was there on time...a little too anxious. I thought my stomach was going to turn around and do somersaults I was so on edge. The proctor finally came out to check ID's and lead us back to the lab. The lab itself is pretty bad-ass. Voice in one corner, Security in another, and R&S in the back. There were 3 R&S, 3 Voice, 2 Security. All 3 R&S were 1st timers. The 1st 2 hours were pretty rough for me...the format of the lab, the shema, etc... threw me off. I finally settled in and finished 1/2 the lab before lunch at 1130. Lunch was awesome! Their cafeteria is kickin'! I had a chicken sandwich and curly fries, but they had pretty much everything...even vegetarian. Anyway, we get back to the lab at 1215, and away we go. I finish the lab up by 230, and for the rest of the day verify etc..

I know I lost at least 3 points on a section I just couldn't figure out, but besides that I think I did very well. I had issues with some of the translations, so I could have missed some sections that I thought I completed correctly. All in all, I'd be surprised if I failed. Although, on the other hand, I won't be surprised if I failed... icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif Sorta weird feelin' about it all.

Anyway, the proctor said I should probably know by Sunday night, so the waiting game begins...

I think I'm gonna grub on another steak tonight. Have to get up early for my 650am flight outta here.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's an experience that's for sure! No matter how someone describes it to you, it's not real until you do it. I'm pulling for you and understand 110% about the uncertainty around the lab and how it's worded at times.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MrD wrote:
    All in all, I'd be surprised if I failed.
    While a lot of people do get surprised -- it still beats walking out of the lab knowing you failed.

Hopefully you be getting the confirmation emails :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Eww that's not cool Mike! You just made my weekend that much worse! :) Haha, just messin...
  • Options
    ardenarden Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any word yet? The suspense is killing me.... :D
    Arden Packeer
    Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI #31090)

http://ardenpackeer.com
  • Options
    I liked the Friday only United Airlines 10pm direct flight from San Jose to O'Hare.... but the extra wait over the weekend for the lab results was a killer icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MrD, glad you took a shot at it and I'm pulling for you. icon_cool.gif

Did your sinus trouble come into play, or did the adrenalin of the lab overcome it?

We'll be watching for a post late Sunday! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    I took some sinus medicine and aspirin, so I was good to go if not just a little loopy :)

Yeah, this waiting game is terrible! I'm on a layover in Phoenix (which has free wifi by the way). If I have to take the lab again I'm going to take it on a Monday, that's for sure.

Of course, I'm planning on taking the CCDE (eventually), so that will be a Monday date if possible.
  • Options
    CCIE-4-HIRECCIE-4-HIRE Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Waiting to see how you did sir.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Impatient people waiting here Mr.D...... Geez........ Hurry up man... :D hehe

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Does the start of Daylight Saving Time mean you'll find out an hour earlier? Or will you just have to wait an hour less? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Good question Mike! I don't have the answer to that, but either way, waiting sucks man! :) Hopefully I'll hear something today.
  • Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    There was a great man by the name of Darby Weaver who once had to order to regrade...

Lets hope thats not the case.

:)
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills