Options

Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)

devilson911devilson911 Member Posts: 13 ■■□□□□□□□□
Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)

Hi,

any one done the cource and passed the exam.

could you please share your exprince.

what benfit can it add to your career.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've been curious about this as well. I see more and more people getting the CEH, but there hasn't been much buzz about the ECSA. There's only a half-dozen threads on these forums that even mention it in passing.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I did ECSA. It's the first half of the process of becoming an LPT. It's the next step up from CEH. More advanced log analysis, code analysis, etc.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    keatron wrote:
    I did ECSA. It's the first half of the process of becoming an LPT. It's the next step up from CEH. More advanced log analysis, code analysis, etc.

Why don't you have it listed? I actually checked your cert list to see if you had it. What happened? Did you run out of room? icon_lol.gif

Since you brought up the LPT, how do you feel about that? I see it get a lot of flak over it's use of the word "license," but it just seems like people are making a big deal over semantics. Certified Penetration Tester would have probably been a more appropriate title, but it really doesn't bother me much. It still seems like interesting information.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I think the Forensic Investigator cert and course looks pretty cool. I was in CEH class with some of them and they passed on the tools they got from that class to me. I'm not sure if I would even use it though...just like I don't forsee using my CEH except trying to better secure my environment by thinking like a hacker.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    keatron wrote:

Why don't you have it listed? I actually checked your cert list to see if you had it. What happened? Did you run out of room? icon_lol.gif

Since you brought up the LPT, how do you feel about that? I see it get a lot of flak over it's use of the word "license," but it just seems like people are making a big deal over semantics. Certified Penetration Tester would have probably been a more appropriate title, but it really doesn't bother me much. It still seems like interesting information.

Consider it listed!! I usually only try to list the ones that are actually related to what I do everyday. I actually thought I did have it listed. I guess I accidentially bumped it when I added the Cisco stuff.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    keatron, I think you can drop the Net+ if you need anymore room. ;)