Options

is there a way to override a domain logon script

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
Hi everyone

about month ago I removed an old logon script from about 50 users who are in one division of our company which are in their own OU

we'll call it scriptA.bat I replaced this script with scriptb.bat

now today I was in doing some account management and noticed that Scriptb.bat was changed to scriptA.bat under the profile tab of user properties

is there anyway inside of AD to set a default Script via a policy that could have overwritten my changes or would someone have to go in and make this modification manually.

I've checked with my closest colleague and he did not change it as well as the admin at that site

I just want to be sure that it's not somethings that is easily overwritten before pointing fingers and taking the next steps

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    You can set a logon script via group policy but it would run along with the logon script set via the profile tabs, not replacing it.

So to the best of my knowledge no the only way to change it is to either manually change it or run a script that would change the profile itself, either way being exceedingly unlikely to be by accident.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    undomiel wrote:
    You can set a logon script via group policy but it would run along with the logon script set via the profile tabs, not replacing it.

So to the best of my knowledge no the only way to change it is to either manually change it or run a script that would change the profile itself, either way being exceedingly unlikely to be by accident.

that is really what I wanted to make sure of

I'm going to contact all other admins and CC management to see who changed it and why

I see no reason why it should have been done but I could be mistaken