Options

Difference between CCNP BSCI 3rd edition and 4th edition.

vador.sachin@gmail.comvador.sachin@gmail.com Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Het guys wanted to know the Difference between CCNP BSCI 3rd edition and 4th edition. I already have the third edition. Do i need to purchase the fourth edition????
Wanna Give CCNP

Comments

• Options
    CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    For BCMSN ... the new edition is compatible with new BCMSN topics. The old edition is not covering all topic of the new exam(3 to 2 chapters the difference).
    I believe the same case for BSCI. Just check the new BSCI topic. I your 3rd edition have some missing topics!!!

Hope this will help !
    . : | : . : | : .
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just checked Amazon to look at the table of contents on the 4th edition (I have the 3rd edition). It has all of the same topics the 3rd edition has, except it looks like it might go into a bit more detail on IPv6, and IS-IS. Other than that, it looks the same for the most part. It's not a big enough difference I'm going to go pick up the 4th edition.

Oh, and technically, there doesn't seem to be any "missing" topics, some are just covered more in depth. If you are preparing with Routing TCP/IP Volume I as well, then this shouldn't be an issue anyways, as that fills in a lot of blanks.

If not, then just know that 4th edition has an extra chapter on configuring IS-IS, and an extra chapter on transition from IPv4 to IPv6..and prepare accordingly.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    3rd Edition is for the 642-801 (old) exam.

4th Edition is for the 642-901 (current) exam.

As long as you bounce whats in the book off the exam objectives and fill in the gaps you should be good to go.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.