Options

Hello first Microsoft post.

KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello this is my first post and it may be a little wordy so sorry just in case.

First off my next goal is to get my MCSA I currently have my A+, N+ so I know that counts as an elective. On the Network + side of the forums I have seen mention of the next best step would be to take the 70-270 which is XP I think.

So what is Vistas test numbers?Because some people say it would be better for me to take Vista then XP although personally I use XP way more and think it wil be valuable for many more years to come although I'm not sure how long Microsoft will count it towards the MCSA. Any ideas on these questions? ALso I hear the test is $125 is that correct?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should acquaint yourself with this page: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

Vista is 70-620. If you're going for the 2003 certs as well as the 2008 MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, you can use 70-620 as the client exam for both. However, knowing how to use XP and Vista isn't going to hurt you. You can always do both.
  • Options
    KikodeKikode Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a bunch m8 sorry been really busy just now getting a chance to surf the net. That link is definitely getting bookmarked. Nice work. Also I'm an Xp-Pro and could prob pass an XP test blindfold. So I was curious as to whether I should get the XP test or Vista. I would learn alot from doing the Vista test but with microsofts history who knows if Vista will even stay supported. The only reason I think it has staying power is people will eventually want DX-10 graphics so.... I just don't want to learn the quirks of vista and then Most businesses never make the switch. BTW I would never take a test without preparing just saying I prob could.
    :D Ill check out the article and see if it can answer some of my questions thanks again!
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    beware, I thought I knew XP backward until I encountered 20-270. MS have the ability to ask question and word things in a way to confuse the daylights of of you.

Goodluck
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!