Options

Replacement employee / disable or rename acc?

MeekerMeeker Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am doing some Transcender tests and I do not agree with the answer. The question states that an employee leaves and is replaced by someone else. That new person needs access to the same resources and files. This task must be accomplished as quick as possible without there being any unauthorised access.

The possible answers are disable, lock, delete or rename the account. Transcender thinks its disable, I think its rename. If the new user takes this account with permission from the administrator, there is no unauthorised access.

Which is right?

Comments

• Options
    ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    Meeker wrote:
    I am doing some Transcender tests and I do not agree with the answer. The question states that an employee leaves and is replaced by someone else. That new person needs access to the same resources and files. This task must be accomplished as quick as possible without there being any unauthorised access.

The possible answers are disable, lock, delete or rename the account. Transcender thinks its disable, I think its rename. If the new user takes this account with permission from the administrator, there is no unauthorised access.

Which is right?

I haven't done the transcender tests... however I am assuming their answer is to copy the original AD account after disabling it...correct?
  • Options
    mattd75mattd75 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got that same question today in my Testout Examsim and the correct answer was rename the account. I think I may have had it in my MS Press stuff too and IIRC it was also rename.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    +1 for rename.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    All the questions that read like that I have run into want you to rename the account. For the Microsoft test rename...
    -Daniel
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Definitely rename only if you want the new coworker to be able to access the user's old documents, e-mail, etc... That is because the SID stays the same. Of course you could remove that account, create a new one, take ownership of the files, transfer files over to new user, have that user take ownership, import pst to the new mailbox, etc... Or you can just do 1 step and rename and it's all done. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    MeekerMeeker Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info so maybe Transcender needs to review their questions.