Options

Need To Know The Youngest MCDST

nathan-fadernathan-fader Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I Need to know the Youngest MCDST.. Im 16 .. turning 17, in a couple weeks.. and i passed my 271 today.. scoring 866.. and passed my 272 scoring 790..

so i'm MCP, the youngest MCP was 9 or 12 or summink from india..

what bout the youngest MCDST.. have i made a record :D:D or not icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

i would love to know.. im doing A+ Essentials some time this week i hope as well.. this IT Industry is kinder fun lol

Nathan-Fader
Everyone Seems To Bully Me In This Forum.. Good Advice Thou...

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Why does it matter?
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Hi All,

I Need to know the Youngest MCDST.. Im 16 .. turning 17, in a couple weeks.. and i passed my 271 today.. scoring 866.. and passed my 272 scoring 790..

what bout the youngest MCDST.. have i made a record :D:D or not icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

i would love to know.. im doing A+ Essentials some time this week i hope as well.. this IT Industry is kinder fun lol

Nathan-Fader

Either way Good Job!
    I wish I had started with my A+ when I was 16.

Hurry it up with the MCSA now! W00t icon_lol.gif
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    Extra-ordinarily curious
  • Options
    Cessation wrote:
    Hi All,

Nathan-Fader

Either way Good Job!
    I wish I had started with my A+ when I was 16.

Hurry it up with the MCSA now! W00t icon_lol.gif

Thankss :D I proberbaly be the cool kid a 16 year old technician icon_wink.gif .... Everybody else is still studying there first year of college.. and still aint got S*** icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

Thankss :D I proberbaly be the cool kid a 16 year old technician icon_wink.gif .... Everybody else is still studying there first year of college.. and still aint got S*** icon_cool.gif

College degrees take years to attain; The MCDST can take hours...

congrats on your passes and all, but I wouldn't be knocking college education.

oh yea if you're interested in knowing, why don't you go ahead and give Microsoft a jingle? See what they tell you...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    Passing the test at a young age can't make up for the missed social skills.

Either way.. congrats. I am 21 with the certs in my signature... however I have no life. :D
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Youngest MCP was 9. She went on to obtain the full-blown MCSE at 10: http://www.techspot.com/news/18075-Ten-yearold-becomes-Microsoft-engineer.html

16 seems way too high to be the youngest MCDST. If you focus on being the best, youngest, etc., you're just setting yourself up for disappointment because there will always be someone who will exceed you in one way or another.

Congratulations on the pass. Keep it up.
  • Options
    HairymarbleHairymarble Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At 16 I was smoking drugs, drinking beer and [EDITED BY MODERATOR - Please refrain from crude posts on this site] , now 38 and have just become MCP, 272 to sit in a month, where did I go wrong? icon_lol.gif

Oh well done on the results by the way
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Nicely done. I wish I would have started going for certifications during my High School years.
  • Options
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif You people are funny, i was just a lil excited that i got something that gets me recognised... but for the record.. the college qualifications surrounding me are crap compared to what ever you people are thinking... and i ment it in a way.. of all my friends are dropping out and i am doing something but earlier it was the other round.. You get me ?

i am not trying to set records jsut got a bit excited.. i have a fine social life.. i spent way to much time on the streets.. then doing something with my life..

but thanks for the feedback

Nathan-Fader
  • Options
    mengo17mengo17 Member Posts: 100 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At 16 I was smoking drugs, drinking beer and [EDITED BY MODERATOR - Please refrain from crude posts on this site] , now 38 and have just become MCP, 272 to sit in a month, where did I go wrong? icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Sorry, I had to laugh on this one.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mengo17 wrote:

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Sorry, I had to laugh on this one.

I am sure someone would have been offended if I had not edited his post. This is not a xxx site. ncool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Well done on the pass and keep up the good work, just dont let it go to your head!

:D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    There is nothing wrong with feeling good about your accomplishment and wanting to share it with people. The problem lies in the tone you set for you post, it was a little arrogant. I also understand the curiosity aspect, I don't think there is anything wrong in asking that question. I don't know, just seemed to me that the undertone was bragging.
    Just saying that you may want to tone that down a notch.
  • Options
    kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I remember how i felt when i got my CCNA, i was so proud of myself and although i was 18 i thought maybe i could be extraordinarily unique out there in the industry.

I found out that i was way too old even with A+,Network+ and Security+ under my belt.

In a nutshell Attaining certifications at a young age can prove a zest for self-achievement that can't be measured by anyone and it sets you in a good enough mood to attain more.

It is not the certification that defines you, but what you do with it and how you respond to changes in the industry with your skills.

Its good to recognize that alot of persons dance around with certifications and acadamia degrees and fail miserably in application of what was "learnt".

Early achievement simply highlights, more time to move on to "higher level" challenges not only from vue or prometric testing but real-world trials.

I am now 19 with 10 certifications in total and although its nice to have, i know there is a whole lot more out there for me that "early- achiever certifications" just can't offer.

But they sure look nice on a resume.

Congratulations, keep on moving, get heavy but stay hungry.

Kenny
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MCDST? When the exam was in beta, I coached my girlfriend in less than 30 minutes on everything she needed to know. Sent her in with pat on the butt and she passed both exams. :P

Wonder if I should get her to sit for 621?
  • Options
    ittechprittechpr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First of all, congralutation for passing the exam.

Forget about whether you are the youngest or oldest MCDST. The important thing here is the knowledge that you have attained. Also, this will help in more advanced certifications. Keep the good work!

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    About the MCAD Certification

The MCAD (Microsoft Certified Applications Developer) is a series of 3 exams. The exams certify that the successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to develop applications using Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET and Web services. To obtain the MCAD a candidate must pass the following exams:

okay okay she is a bright girl...but she only took 3 exams...you can get a book on the MCAD
    and..well..I have seen people pass and never have worked on real Cisco equipment..

It is amazing how the world is looking for Bobby fisher! the superior human being.
    yeah right her dad doesnt push her; yeah right the articles I have read is he took her to an
    super advanced school where she was groomed..many geniuses are born from poverty
    they work their butts off while 5 to 10 years old cause they see how hard it is over in the 3rd and 4th world countries..and say crap i want the American Pie! and sure I at 8 years old was programming in Quick basic when I was 8 to 10 years old but my dad didnt take me to an advanced school..I think many of us could have done many things at 5 or 10 years old but
    well no need too! but great for her....but she isnt perfect she has flaws but it wasnt no MCSE

now if a 11 year old or 9 year old got and MCSE i would say she was pushed like a made dog
    give me a break; but she only toook 3 exams and you can get books on the exams now a days that doesnt mean your a genius just you can tell she is mature for her age. and i am sure she
    will be pushed to do many great things but it will tapper off some day! i have met so called genius from India and pakistan..really when i was in the Air Force...they are human and not
    so Angelic like the media pumps them up to be it is just she was 9 years old when she passed here 3 exams I am sure hard but sounds like she was groomed to pass! and is obsessed with
    programming; i was obsessed with building models and was pretty good at them at 8 but yeah!
    so she is bright but it will slow down...just i see many people who mature earlier in their brain
    ithink i am smarter today than when i was younger due to many things...but i have other issues that hold me back! I think we are all smart geniuses it depends on your focues drive and life experiences and what you choose to do. she chooses to hammer code all day! wow!
    screw barbie dolls! hahahahahah
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    also watching here yu tube vid she said she spent 24/8 working onthe computer
    from 6 to 8 years old 2 years straight holy crap! that is very odd and cool
    but ithink if i spend 2 years straight from 6 to 8 years old. something might ahppend
    but that is obsession but she had all the resources at her finger tips
    she said dad get me aPC and dad bought it for her an and then sent her to a school
    so she had some resources...when i asked dad for a skateboard he said crap in one hand
    and wish in the other and see which fills up so she has had a charmed life!
    but nonethless lucky!

let us see here programs???
  • Options
    Thank You all for your feedback, this is nothing but a "Learning curve", and would all be used for future preferences, you have all been a help to me

Nathan-Faderr
  • Options
    Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    Congrats I also wish I would've known I wanted to be in the computer field in high school...I went to Technical College because I didn't want to attend a 4-year college for Business Finance...yuck...

IMO, the MCDST was extremely easy to obtain...with little studying...

Now go for a degree and keep up with the certs and you can really feel good about yourself.