Options

will it be enought?

xslimakxxslimakx Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm starting to prepare for CCNP for the first exam i have chosen BCMSN i think it will be easier for me as i have some switching experience - i'm starting to collect things for lab what do you think about such switches for the whole CCNP?

2x WS-C2950T-24-EI
2x WS-C2950G-24-EI

Thx

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should be ok, the only real thing you'll be missing will be the SVI interfaces for inter VLAN routing but that should not be to big of a deal. The EI versions will allow you to do the DAI and DHCP Snooping parts. You ill be missing the Wireless parts, but that equipmenet is too cost prohibitive to go out and buy it, best bet is to just book study it. You may want 2 routers (or Dynamips) so you can practice the HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP parts.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A 3550 would probably cost the same as 2 2950-G's

That would give you a switch that can do ip routing.

Something to think about.
  • Options
    xslimakxxslimakx Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    for wireless i already have two AP 1200 series. And for the layer 3 WS-C3550-48-SMI will be ok?
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you can save some money by going with a 24 port 3550, then do that. But a 48 port would be fine.

You can upgrade the SMI image to EMI with the right IOS.

Another thing you might want to consider is getting a PWR model (it has PoE - power over ethernet). Then you can power your 1200's directly from the switch, which will give you two less things to plug into an outlet.