Options

70-270 vs 70-620

rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys!

Is it true that we can take 70-620 instead of 70-270 for MCSA in Win2003? I just want to be sure that I'm getting the right one.
And, do you think it's a good idea to take 70-620 instead? I kind of feel strong about WinXP, and I thought taking 70-620 would be a good idea to introduce myself with Vista. However, WinXP is still taking the lead as a client OS in Enterprises. Soon I'll be looking for a new job, so want to choose the right one. What your suggestions guys? icon_rolleyes.gif
-= The Ray

Comments

• Options
    kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I would definetly take the 70-620. This exam is quite different and more friendly to the test taker than 70-270. Also It is completey suitable to counter the explosion of support calls we are now experiencing in many call centers and soon on a vast scale in most environments.

Windows Vista has SO many cool, neat, home-friendly and corporate solutions that really blow windows XP out of the water in my opinion.

As soon as this product is marketed efectively on a large scale to companies everyone will realize its advantages and converge. LIke some of our home users and just now realizing.

The most challenging thing in I.T is staying current with not only mordern but efficient technologies, and taking the 70-620 proves you have met that challenge.

Windows XP,- because of stability and peoples human-nature of not changing once comfortable- will be around for sometime and really it won't hurt to learn the objecives of the 70-270 exam and maybe do it as well. I think it would be a good compliment.

But if you had a choice for just 1 I- thats EYE would chose 70-620 because I have a challenge to stay as current as possible.

In a nutshell if you have a few extra bucks take both. If you just want the client OS to satisfy your MCSE might as well take 70-620. IMHO

Kenny
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    While I agree with Kenny, the OP did say that he would be looking for a new job soon. I would say go with XP if it's something you're going to be using right now. I think you have a much greater chance of working with that than Vista.

However, Vista will count towards both the MCSA/E and the MCITP:EA, so you can cut one exam out of the equation if both of those are goals of yours.
  • Options
    rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is hard choice, and I must choose only one because I am limited in time. Probably I will stick with Vista. Still it's future client even though it's not currently the most popular OS in enterprise computing. Plus, as dynamic mentioned, there are a lot of cool features to learn. I guess it's not a big deal which client certification you have as long as you have word MCSE/MCSA on your resume :D
    -= The Ray
  • Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    I thought the 70-270 was difficult, and this is coming from someone who passed NT Workstation and NT Server, CCNA 2 times, and A+ certification.

I prepared for the 70-270 and barely passed.

Whatever you do don't take either exam for granted.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills