I PASSED!

Comments

• ardenarden Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well Done Mr D! That is awesome news! Make this weekend a big one and celebrate! You've earned it!
    Arden Packeer
    Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI #31090)

http://ardenpackeer.com
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MrD wrote:
    What else can I say? No number yet.

Seriously, though, thanks to everyone for their constant and continued support.

Well done on your first time pass most people take three or more attempts. You have certainly put a lot of work in there.
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Mr D, you the man! Well done you really deserve it! icon_cool.gif
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW! what can i say but congrats man! i'm SO pleased for you mate.

im glad the hard work payed off and i know your success will continue. i have to say - as someone who is looking to work there way up the field - i am inspired by ppl like yourself (and the dozens of other members like you) who have success stories like this. It gives the rest of us hope that it can be done and we'll know we will continue to get even more expert advice!

I hope to follow into the network field one day, could i ask - seen as though you had zero experiance did you feel your ccna /ccnp gave you the ammunition to be able to get a networking job? i ask because most places will not touch many ppl without experiance etc and i am just wondering if the certs gave you that opportunity? i hope to start my ccna studies after this uni year finishes and wanted to progress to ccnp level but i was abit cautious of this because i know most will say that the certs mean little without experiance???

Thanks man,

let us know how the CCIE opens many more doors for you.

nel.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bowing.gif huge congrats bowing.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Thanks everyone! I am very elated right now! It doesn't even feel real. I feel like I'm in an alternate universe :) Having the CCNP is DEFINITELY how I got my first networking job with no experience. It's absolutely the only reason I got in for the interview; however, once in the interview, taking the risk of sounding pompous :):), I thought I sold myself pretty well. IMO it's all about connecting with the interviewer.

BTW, my # is 20217.
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Another well deserved CCIE!!!!

Well done mate........ Inspiration to us aspiring CCIE'ers.... :D

Much impressed!!! Can you inform us of what your CCIE lab consisted of?

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job, bet you have a void in your life now icon_smile.gif , thats how i always feel after an exam.Just wonder who on the forum will be next!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    I don't think I'm allowed to explain what the lab consisted of, sorry.

Yeah, actually, it does feel like a void...I'm gonna have to get right into the Design studies :)
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations icon_cool.gif You are now one of the elite few.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats! Amazing to see it done so quickly.......true definition of dedication!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    MrD wrote:
    I don't think I'm allowed to explain what the lab consisted of, sorry.

Yeah, actually, it does feel like a void...I'm gonna have to get right into the Design studies :)

No sorry I worded that incorrectly........

I was actually implying what did your study lab at home consist of??? I'm just curious as I am slowly pieceing together a lab of my own and would like to see what others have used. :D

Haha

I wouldn't have even thought about asking you to explain what your actual LAB was!!! :D

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    Oh ok, no worries! Check this post out for details of my lab:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25341
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Because of your experience, I would like to ask a few questions only curious about your opinion.

Do you think being a CCIE makes you just as smart/capable as another CCIE with 10 years of experience?

Do you think the CCIE prepped you for most of disasters in a real world environment? Would you recommend it to anyone who is in the networking field because it is just a great learning experience or only the people who want to "step up"?

Are you a good test taker? Is IT your passion or career? Basically these questions relate to... Do you think the average person could do exactly what you did or does it take more than average skills/dedication?

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? Don't you want to take a certification break and look for that dream job and money and settle down for a bit? If you don't mind just giving a bit of a summary on this question.

Thanks MrD and great job on the CCIE. 20,000 people in a world of 6,000,000,000 is an extraordinary feat.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MrD wrote:
    BTW, my # is 20217.

icon_idea.gif Hey, maybe you should demand a $20,217 raise!
    Seriously, will your company be compensating you for this extraordinary feat?

EdTheLad wrote:
    Just wonder who on the forum will be next!

So many good contenders, it's hard to say. But I think PCHoldman (Peter) has a lab scheduled soon, and of course Mike "the Mod" j412 icon_mike.gif is close. Also, Keatron made amazingly fast progress to CCNP in just a few months and is going for his CCIE - Security next.

Say Ed, aren't you in the running too?
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Mishra wrote:
    Because of your experience, I would like to ask a few questions only curious about your opinion.

Do you think being a CCIE makes you just as smart/capable as another CCIE with 10 years of experience?

Do you think the CCIE prepped you for most of disasters in a real world environment? Would you recommend it to anyone who is in the networking field because it is just a great learning experience or only the people who want to "step up"?

Are you a good test taker? Is IT your passion or career? Basically these questions relate to... Do you think the average person could do exactly what you did or does it take more than average skills/dedication?

Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? Don't you want to take a certification break and look for that dream job and money and settle down for a bit? If you don't mind just giving a bit of a summary on this question.

Thanks MrD and great job on the CCIE. 20,000 people in a world of 6,000,000,000 is an extraordinary feat.

No, I don't think I'm as valuable or as knowledgable as a CCIE w/ 10 years experience...depending on the experience.

No, I don't think the CCIE prepped me for most of the disasters in a real world environment. Only those disasters directly related to the blueprint; however, I do feel like I am in a much better position to deal with any type of disaster than most.

I would recommend it to EVERYONE, but only those willing to "step-up" will pass.

I am a good test-taker, not an outstanding test taker, though. As far as who can attain the CCIE...IMO it is a certification that requires a sharp intellect, although not a genius mind necessarily. The reason I passed is because I spent every waking moment engrossed in this stuff.

I see myself possibly working where I am now. I really enjoy my current employer, although, my next job will definitely be consulting of some kind. I want the experience that comes along with that type of position. I don't really have much to do right now, so I'm going to dive right into the Design track. I'm unsure of what my dream-job really is/will be, so I can't really answer that.

& I think my promotion last month is my compensation...probably :)
  • ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
    Both congratulations and thanks are in order.

First, congrats on the pass. Did you celebrate: th_smiley_drunk.gif??

Also, seeing you guys pass is a constant source of motivation for me. I'm stuck in college and don't have very much free time, but you guys give me the motivation to spend a large chunk of it studying. Thank you very much for that.

The best of luck to you.
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:

Say Ed, aren't you in the running too?

Unfortunately not, spending all my time working on a mix of vpls,mpls and regretfully Catos.I've also gained about 15kg in the last 12 months which is on my priority list to lose.Hopefully the project im currently working on will wrap up in the next few weeks and i can get back to the exercise and study.
    The problem i have an everyone else has is how to arrange a six month study block.I want to go on holiday again, ha!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MrD wrote:
    Haha, yeah waiting for the number is definitely easier!!!

===================

I began CCNA studies in January 2006. I passed the CCNA in June, had the CCNP by November, and passed the written in December. I had absolutely 0 real-world networking experience until January 2007 when I started with a local hospital on their L2 (Network Operations) team. Throughout 2007 I prepared for the lab. January 2008 I was promoted to their L3 (Network Engineering) team. So, now I have 15 months experience. :)

===================

Yeah, let's start that pool! :)

===================

I'm going to begin the Design trek. CCDA->CCDP->CCDE. I'm setting a goal of having the DE by 2010. Anyone wanna saddle up with me?

Good luck with CCDE. I understand there will be some sort of design experience requirement for that, so continue to push for as much exposure as you can to new things and design work. Congratulations again!
    Yeah, now that I think about it, I think I might go for all of the Professional levels, and then reach for the CCDE. That might be a better approach.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! That's amazing!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Schweet!

Congratulations on passing the big, bad lab-exam.

MrD wrote:
    BTW, my # is 20217.
    Now you can have bacon again. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Yeah, I had about a pound for breakfast!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    MrD wrote:
    Yeah, I had about a pound for breakfast!

There ya go. From Ahhnold to Elvis, in 15 grueling months. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    That's the truth. Need to work on my physique, that's for sure icon_rolleyes.gif
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good work !!!!

first attempt ?
    rm -rf /
    Yes Sir! Thanks DU.
  • dpsdps Member Posts: 116
    Wow!!
    icon_cheers.gif

Congratulations Mr.D!!!
    Focused and Steady.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats MrD!!! I hope to be joining you one day in the not too distant future!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Just saw this post and wanted to say congratulations!!

Very well done!! :Dicon_cheers.gif:D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools