Jit Debugging Error

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
My sister called me tomight and said her pc is giving her the below error message. I have never heard of this befor. She onlu uses the pc to sell on ebay and the only changes were the addition to a certain virus protection suite that was installed last week, but this issue just started tonight when she turned on her pc. Has anyone ever heard of this problem and if so ho can it be resolved. Here is what her pc is prompting her:

WHEN JIT DEBUGGING IS ENABLE,ANY HANDLED EXCEPTION WILL BE SENT TO THE JIT DEBUGGER REGISTED ON THE MACHINE RATHER THAN BEING HANDLED BY THOS DIALOG.

FEATURE YOU ARE TRYING TO USE A CD-ROM OR OTHER REMOVABLE DISK THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE.

INSERT THE FAX CDA DISK AND CLICK OK ( I DID BUT THE BOX WILL NOT RESPOND)

ERROR 1706 VALID SOURCE COULD BE FOUND FOR PRODUCT FAX CDA. THE WINDOW INSTALLER CANNOT CONTINUE
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    What was she doing on the computer at the time this error message appeared? Is "FAX CDA" software for a Cannon or HP all-in-one printer device? Have her put the setup CD in the CD drive and perform the same action to make this message appear. It looks like a software app wants to install some additional software. Googling "FAX_CDA" turns up this problem quite a bit.
  • telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
    She said al she did was turn on her pc. Her printer was installed last year. I believe she aslo said she tried putting the cd in ut nothing happened
    "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    It's likely that the printer has software that is automatically started when the user logs in. The software probably decided to try an update or some other action that require a component that wasn't installed. Have her download the latest full installation of the printer software from the manufacturer's Web site and install it with all components selected.
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I had an HP All-In-One that was causing system slowdown leading to crashes due to the software that was initializing at start-up. Trial and error led to my discovery of the problem and I got rid of all the extra software (just keeping the driver) and that problem never re-occurred after that. Do not underestimate printer software. If JDMurray's suggestion of a full-installation of the printer software does not solve the problem you may want to determine what is needed on the software (and if nothing but the driver disable it on start-up or uninstall it).