Options

Qualified Ethical Hacker (QEH)

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
I'm looking at the new question submission form at freepracticetests.org and I notice the QEH exam is listed. I've found references to a Qualified Ethical Hacker cert in Google, but I've yet to discover the organization that backs it. The objectives look very similar to the CEH. Anyone heard of the QEH?

Comments

• Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've never heard of it either. I think it could be a typo, or i guess in some languages/countries, certified and qualified mean the same thing. Very interesting. I got the question submission emails, but didn't pay much attention to it.
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I recieved the e-mail as well but didn't get a chance to look at the form until you mentioned it. The topics on the form for QEH don't label the modules by number but contain 22 of the 28 listed for CEH word for word minus this designation. I tried searching the www.cccure.org forums and found nothing for QEH on the English site. I don't speak any French so I don't know if the French version of www.cccure.net would turn anything up regarding a language difference (perhaps the CEH designation is trademarked in another Country even if it isn't a language difference).

Google turned up our thread first every way I searched that was meaningful but other than that I found:

http://www.technologytransfer.it/docs/deplEng/-BP8CARDWELL%20ING.pdf
    http://www.securityuniversity.net/classes_QSH.php

It almost seems from those links and other similar ones that QEH is a marketing name for a classh that teaches the for the CEH Examination named "Qualified Ethical Hacker and Defender Class" but it is hard to tell.

I give up and will leave it at this is likely another name for the CEH or the name for this class unless someone comes up with anything else. Not sure why it would be listed on the test engine if it isn't an exam though, and don't see why they would need to list both CEH and QEH if they are the same so I still don't understand what it is doing there with either of those possible answers.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    On the form there are two separate sections for CEH and QEH, and they each have a different list of objectives. It looks like QEH is specific to Security University, which uses a variety of certification-like titles to refer to its training programs, such as:

Qualified Information Security Professional (QISP)
    Qualified Information Assurance Professional (QIAP)
    Qualified Security Analyst (QSA)
    Qualified Ethical Hacker (QEH)
    Qualified Security Hacker (QSH)
    Qualified Security Hacker Defender (QSH/D)

So it may be that QEH is a designation awarded for completing Security University's Qualified Ethical Hacker/ Network Defender Classes.

Why should SANS be the only training organization to have its own certs, eh?
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    Maybe if I became a QISSP I wouldn't have to wait to meet the work experience requirement icon_rolleyes.gif. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I sent an e-mail to SecU about the Q**** courses, but I haven't heard back. I took their wireless training last year and it was excellent. All the Qualified stuff may have to do with new DoD requirements. A lot of their students are Federal employees.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Options
    securityexpertsecurityexpert Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good day to all,

I have just taken the QEH class at Security University past a few weeks.

The Qualified Ethical Hacker is a carbon copy of the old version of the CEH certification. They stole the content word for word.

I got my money stolen. Do avoid the class as it provide nothing new.

Security University is a ripped off. I come to realized one woman is Security University. The have no building, they are using a company class space.

The whole series of Qualified certification has been stolen from other vendors.

Save you money and avoid to be disappointed. A co worker just took the CEH V7 and the QEH is antiquity compare to new one from Ec-Council.

Ambernath
    Security Expert
  • Options
    mrlondon5mrlondon5 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you guys surprised that the training at Security University sucked?

It is a one person "University"

What is shocking is that ACCET accredited them!

I wonder how does a one person University get accredited.

In my opinion, If all you do is copy other peoples stuff, then this is what you get.

Qualified Information Security Professional (QISP) - CISSP ( of ISC2) rip off
    Qualified Security Analyst (QSA) - ECSA (of EC-Councl) rip off
    Qualified Ethical Hacker (QEH)- CEH ( of EC-Council) rip off

Something to think about and investigate.

My advice - stay away !
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I can provide some insight.

There is no reason to believe that this certification is any different than the CEH. I looked at the QEH vice the CEH and while Ms. Schnider was very pleasant, I saw no reason her course was any different than the CEH. The Security University website also claims that the QEH is part of DoD8570. I can tell you that it is not part of the current version, and I am not aware of any future releases at this time. I have my doubts that DoD would add another cert to the same category without significant differences in the use of the said cert. Notice that none of the certs cover the same material. Truthfully I am surprised at Cheper's comments, but I suppose the material is still good, stolen, modified or whatnot.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It looks like the folks behind this certification are laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of the security wannabees.
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i'm thinking about starting a certification product too.
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have heard of them and I have also heard that there is no need to take any of the training unless you trying to check mark CNSS requirements. There are better ways of getting the training and or certified from what I am told.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology