Can select multiple items using IE 7.0

michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
Ever since I installed IE 7.0 I can't select multiple Items using ctrl+left click. (For example if I go to a job board and want to select multiple cities) Any ideas on how to fix this? shift+left click still works

Comments

• michael_knightmichael_knight Member Posts: 136
    ok I guess I'm the only one having this problem here, but just in case someone does a search and finds this post. (i actually did a search and found my very own post) I found this on the net

"Yes, use Shift+F8. After you press Shift+F8, you can use the up and
    down arrows to move through the items and use the spacebar to select
    individual items."

I can't say for sure that it works since I'm not at home right now to check this out but I'll post back with my findings. It's funny how I've been searching for this answer for months and now I find it.
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I'm curious as to why people would want to do away with ctrl+click after all these years. Habits are tough to break (ask the people that use Vi or Emacs to try switching editors while writing some software and see the reaction you get).

Thanks for sharing that information.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have no problem with ctrl+click in IE7. Maybe your ctrl key is broke/stuck. Does it work with the other ctrl key? Sometimes the accessibility settings interfere with the modifier keys. I know I've messed things up by holding down the shift key for awhile then absentmindedly clicking OK to whatever dialog box popped up.
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    dynamik wrote:
    I have no problem with ctrl+click in IE7. Maybe your ctrl key is broke/stuck. Does it work with the other ctrl key? Sometimes the accessibility settings interfere with the modifier keys. I know I've messed things up by holding down the shift key for awhile then absentmindedly clicking OK to whatever dialog box popped up.

I didn't test it when I read this topic, but upon doing so it works fine for me in IE7 as well. Do you have any add-ons installed michael or does the problem only exist on a specific site?