Options

Recommendations for a 70-291 5 day classroom course

My employer recently approved some training for me, and I need to find a good onsite/classroom course for the 70-291 material.

Using the MS site search, it gave me a number of companies that offer it, but I was wondering if you guys that have done one of these (not necessarily this one) had a recommendation. Btw, this should be in the US, preferably in the southeast, but not necessary.

Comments

• Options
    iowatechiowatech Member Posts: 120
    Is spindustry training in your area? If so I would go with them. Just try to find a company that checks pre-requirments of knowledge on the applicants. If not you'll be in a class with people that shouldn't be there and waste all the money / time doing nothing.

Just my two cents,
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Global knowledge is a good class, and they do their microsoft classes in 5 day sets for each class. I think this would be a good test to take a class for, but to get the most out of these classess you need to do a fair amount of studying the materials before you go that way when you get down to the labs you can test your own ideas and you will have a better idea of what the point of the labs are.

There is always the issue of their being people in a class who have completly disregarded the pre-req's in the classes I have been to this is a less of an issue than you might think, most of the time they are two shy to ask alot of simple questions and only wind up wasting their money.

In my experience another good thing that you can do is to make sure that you yourself ask enough questions, don't be shy, you are paying for this and if your not gonna ask questions then what are you doing there?
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    slinuxuzer wrote:
    to get the most out of these classess you need to do a fair amount of studying the materials before you go that way when you get down to the labs you can test your own ideas and you will have a better idea of what the point of the labs are.
    Ya I'll have about a month or so to go through CBT Nuggets and Trancender before I go wherever, so I wont be seeing anything for the first time.