Options

Need advice on Certification path

I am planning on knocking out 291 in a month or so as it is all I need for my MCSA. After that (and I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself, but I just want to formulate a plan) I plan on pursuing my MCSE.

After the beast (291), I plan on taking 293 and 294 as they are core exams.

Here is where I would like some advice...I am thinking about taking 298 because the security interests me, but is it easier or harder than 297?

Then for my final elective...which one do you recommend that I take? I am thinking about maybe ISA just because I would like to know more about it...but I would like some suggestions and possibly a brief explanation for the suggestions.

Also a thought to consider...I am very familiar with Vista, perhaps I should attempt 621 for an elective.

All thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pwnage+, is that a Halo 3 cert? I wouldn't even have to study for that one.

It looks like you've set 294 ahead of 293. I'd go right to 293 after 291 because it contains a lot of the same material.

Who cares if 298 is harder than 297 if it's what interests you. The one you know the least about is going to be harder. If you do 298, ISA, and Security+, that will earn you the security specialization as well, so that's something to consider as well.

I wouldn't do Vista for your elective. You already have a client exam, so be adventuresome and branch out a bit.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Pwnage+, is that a Halo 3 cert? I wouldn't even have to study for that one.

It looks like you've set 294 ahead of 293. I'd go right to 293 after 291 because it contains a lot of the same material.

Who cares if 298 is harder than 297 if it's what interests you. The one you know the least about is going to be harder. If you do 298, ISA, and Security+, that will earn you the security specialization as well, so that's something to consider as well.

I wouldn't do Vista for your elective. You already have a client exam, so be adventuresome and branch out a bit.

I had Pwnage+, but I forgot to renew it and thus expired icon_lol.gif
    (actually, I cant stand that term, oh well)

like dynamik said, its all what you want to do. You'll be in a good spot, because you have many different directions to go from here. Personally, I cant wait until 291 and 293 are done!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security