Scheculed the 642-533

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Dunno if I am going to be ready or not...

Got it scheduled for april 10...

I have hands on with the IPS in the ASA devices. Lots of hands on with all kinds of other IPS devices.

Been using some course ware provides by Books 24x7, it is for the 532 exam but I think it is pretty good.

Been making notes from the exam blue print and making sure I can come up for an answer for every last detail on the blue print.

And been using the CBT nugs for 532. These are great.


I feel like I am understanding this stuff. I mean one of my main job roles is intrusion detection and prevention. So hopefully I will be ready.

Also I am using the 532 stuff because I have not seen any 533 stuff on the market.

Wish me luck
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

    Not to add any pressure, but I suspect that you'll blow this one out of the water, hit it out of the park, or, at a minimum -- do really really really well. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As far as the CCSP goes, are you starting with 533, or have you done some of the other exams?

    I'm going to move onto this after my CCNA (end of April), and I'm trying to develop a plan of attack.

    Good luck!
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    mikej412 wrote:
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

    Not to add any pressure, but I suspect that you'll blow this one out of the water, hit it out of the park, or, at a minimum -- do really really really well. :D


    NO PRESSURE!!!!!

    Hey thanks for the confidence man!!!
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    dynamik wrote:
    As far as the CCSP goes, are you starting with 533, or have you done some of the other exams?

    I'm going to move onto this after my CCNA (end of April), and I'm trying to develop a plan of attack.

    Good luck!


    This is my first test on the CCSP track.

    Why:

    because I have been working at lot with the IPS-ASA module at work.

    And:

    because I feel that this test and the ASA test will be the most difficult. And I have also been doing a lot of work with the ASA right now, both firewall and VPN stuff.

    Also:

    From what I am learning these seem to be the most difficult out of all 5 tests. I could be totally wrong in this assumption...

    Anyway here goes!
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • AhriakinAhriakin SupremeNetworkOverlord Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck. From the questions you've asked here it's obvious you have a good base knowledge of IDS/IPS in general and are learning quickly with the Cisco appliances, you'll do fine :).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Best of luck. From the questions you've asked here it's obvious you have a good base knowledge of IDS/IPS in general and are learning quickly with the Cisco appliances, you'll do fine :).


    Hey thanks man!!!

    That means a lot to me!
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
Sign In or Register to comment.