Options

Got an 80 finally.

License2ILLLicense2ILL Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got an 80 finally.

Second guessed more of my answers and went back to the questions to find hidden tricks.

Also slowed down. took me 2 hrs and 15.

Its 1:30am gonna get some taco hell for dinner. Tommorrow morning to start an array of lab blasting + more test out simulations.

Comments

• Options
    Up and at em'.
    Groceries for quick meals for today and tommorrow.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowing down is wise. It's easy to miss something by skimming. After 3-4 questions my eyes begin to glaze over.

Good luck.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thanks Mrk,

I've made some progress on the labs......up to chapter 6 in MS books....plan to go a little farther before napping out....tommorrow gonna test some more....and hopefully squeeze in Testout Simulations......

Leaving me with tuesday morning to review as many questions as I can.
    Tommorrow will be day 3 in a row.

Hoping to celebrate on Tuesday evening......
  • Options
    Vex10Vex10 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wish you luck,

just remember you have 3 and a half hours, so take your time...and also remember the sims are easy points if you know what youre doing :D
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Good luck!

Just want to add... Watch out for the buzz words! I can't stress this enough! Especially with MS exams! They like to give you a 2-3 paragraph question with a total of 2 sentences that are actually needed.... A lot of times this data is not all together either.

Watch for the word NOT, it always changes the way you are going to answer... Also at this stage of the game they will give you more information than you need. They will tell you about Domain controllers and Member servers. but the overall question might only need you to answer for a specific server. There are differences between DCs and Member servers, just keep that in mind.

I gave the above as an example because it tripped me up on a lot practice exams. The MS press book for my last exam loved to pull those tricks.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck!

Just want to add... Watch out for the buzz words! I can't stress this enough! Especially with MS exams! They like to give you a 2-3 paragraph question with a total of 2 sentences that are actually needed.... A lot of times this data is not all together either.

Watch for the word NOT, it always changes the way you are going to answer... Also at this stage of the game they will give you more information than you need. They will tell you about Domain controllers and Member servers. but the overall question might only need you to answer for a specific server. There are differences between DCs and Member servers, just keep that in mind.

I gave the above as an example because it tripped me up on a lot practice exams. The MS press book for my last exam loved to pull those tricks.

+1 Thats exactly how it works. He hit the nail on the head. One key word can change the entire answer. And just to tick you off, they have the right answer, and the sorta right answer as well. icon_evil.gif

I always hated that.

either way, good luck!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Thank you all I appreciate the support.

I'm on Ch11 lab right now...tunafish sandwich for 5pm lunch.....Gonna do the other 2 chapter labs...then run a mile on the treadmill to rush blood to the brain...then hit another transcender test.......see my weaknesses....try to address as much as possible...then hit another transcender's around 9 or 10pm.

Tommorrow morning I will review review review. Test is at 12:30....taking Vitamin water and M&Ms with me. And giving it my best shot...I have a 2nd shotter just in case....(my regret is not doing the labs first but I know for sure that these past 3 days have not been for nothing.) I would reschedule as I feel a lot more confident but not as much as I could be by now if i had done the labs first.

What happens is it is tough to juggle this knowledge and multitask the things I do at work(i dont hands on a server there/rarely..only AD rights on computer objects).....my brain operates like it's own governed hard drive and starts to fragment stuff or just discard.....if I dont create solid focusing like these past 3 days. Starting a work week is like overwriting data(depending on the week).
    This is why I don't like what I call cheap blows with the questions to score a wrong on us for tricky phrasing.
    I apologize if I offended anyone the other day. And thank you all for your input.
    Their unethical format is what it is...and if anything you guys are proof it can be defeated.
    The challenge continues..........

today is my b-day..and in a sense it served as a reminder on me falling back on what I said I would do....so this was my punishment....no party-ing. Now tommorrow and next weekend..friends are flying in from out of town...so drunken madness!!! regardless of the outcome I have a firm strategy for future testing. Gf came over earlier so I got some celebration in :D
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Test is at 12:30....taking Vitamin water and M&Ms with me.

Good luck. Note, however, that they basically frisk you before you go in the testing area. No food, water, keys, phones (obviously), paper, and probably lapel pins are allowed. Leave it all in the car or the locker they should provide. Really, you have to empty your pockets. icon_rolleyes.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They do indeed pretty much frisk you when you go to the testing center. Last testing center I used to go to there was a very good looking chick there. I wouldn't have minded being stripped searched either, but that's irrelevant. :)
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Yea they said there would be a locker I beleive but that a break would come straight out of my testing time.....so guess what?....im gonna make use of those 4 hours....like they use iffy verbs.
    I got no reserv's on using all 4 hours. I just hope I dont over analyze the answers I go back to review and dooky the whole thing up some more.
    Transcender test #1 for the evening......within the next hour.
  • Options
    Well its 1 am and Im about to call it quits....not happy with this evenings transcenders results....
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Note, however, that they basically frisk you before you go in the testing area. No food, water, keys, phones (obviously), paper, and probably lapel pins are allowed. Leave it all in the car or the locker they should provide. Really, you have to empty your pockets. icon_rolleyes.gif

That's funny, because when I went to the testing center a couple months ago for the 270 the lady basically said, "Oh, yeah, and you need to leave your coat out here. There's a chair over there you can put it on." SHE DIDN'T EVEN ASK FOR MY ID! :) I guess I just have one of those "honest faces"...mwah, hah, hah.

Seriously, though. They did have a window but no cameras. When I came out, she was reading a book at the front desk 30 feet away and around the corner. I could have walked in there with my Palm Pilot and they would have missed it!
    Fear is the absence of Faith.