Options

Password Caching Problem

ozikingoziking Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi:
I am using Windows 2003 on my network. There is a strange behavior noticed by Active directory, that its caching last two passwords.
My Linux mail server is also attached to the AD. Now it allows me to login with the recently changed last password and the new password.
Is there any setting in AD with the help of which i can fix this problem.
I even installed SP2 on my Windows 2003 but still the problem is there?
any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i had a similar issue in vmware a while back, not sure if its the same as yours but basically the clients were logging on with cached info but i was not getting the dialog that said they could not contact the domain controller and were logging on with cached info

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242536/

hopefully it helps
  • Options
    thanks Soulreaver
    but my problems is a bit strange. When i am changing the password its changed on AD immediately and users are not able to login on windows with old password. But somehow its stored somewhere and my mail server is getting it and logging onto mail server. With both new and old password.??
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a Samba compatibility problem maybe?
    Are you using the latest version, or is your mail server integrated with AD some other way?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Are you using the latest version, or is your mail server integrated with AD some other way?

i was using Linux 4 earlier. To solve the problem i even installed Linux Enterprise version 5, but the problem is still there. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    oziking wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

i was using Linux 4 earlier. To solve the problem i even installed Linux Enterprise version 5, but the problem is still there. icon_sad.gif

Even still, you might not have the latest or most compatible version of samba. It seems MS occasionally tweaks it's own SMB protocol and then the samba guys have to play catch up by reverse engineering.

http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS9104718779.html
    All things are possible, only believe.