Options

Regarding Boson Exam Environment and Broadcast Domains.

LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
I'm having difficulty with the Boson Exam Environment. I received it free when I purchased the Cisco Press CCNA library. I installed it and have been having difficulty with the ambiguity regarding the answers and questions when practicing using it.

How closely does the Boson Exam Environment simulate the actual test? Also I only ask the Exam Environment to ask me question to regarding the CCENT and not the ICND2 exam, it will often throw in multiple choice answers that have ICND2 material in them; does the real CCENT exam do this?

Also when I get a question wrong with the Exam Environment I will review the "correct" answer that it gives! Sometimes the "correct" answer will cite equipment which is not present, such as SW3 of R4 which don't even appear in the figures provided. This is extremely confusing and somewhat unprofessional on the part of Boson. They charge so much money for these practice exams yet let things such as this slide past right under their noses.

Also for the Broadcast Domain part of my question. Was just wonder if a point to point link between two routers/csu/dsus is a Broadcast Domain? I'm having difficulty believing the answer provided by the Exam Environment regarding this question.

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LBC90805 wrote:
    Also for the Broadcast Domain part of my question. Was just wonder if a point to point link between two routers/csu/dsus is a Broadcast Domain? I'm having difficulty believing the answer provided by the Exam Environment regarding a question.

The point to point link between routers is typically it's own broadcast domain. In the context of the CCNA it will be considered a seperate broadcast domain.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    Perfect, that is what I thought. According to Boson it is not. Atleast for the explanation that it gives for the suppposed "correct" answer.

I tell you what, I'm about to give up practicing using this Boson garbage.

Doesn't Boson write the actual exam software itself?
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe you're just misunderstanding something.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LBC90805 wrote:
    Doesn't Boson write the actual exam software itself?
    No.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!