Options

Thinking about an exam date

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
May take this soon with my coming paychecks, and I have a voucher to use. :P

Question though, does anyone know if you can pay to take exams in cash? or does it have to always be via a card? I payed for all my previous exams over the phone with a card. I'd rather pay with cash this time though, since I'm opening a new account soon.

I've been studying my MS Press book like mad and taking the practice exams on the CD. I've also been glancing through some other 70-270 books at a local bookstore, so should that be enough to get me through this test or do I need other sources? I think I've nailed most of the objectives.

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    May take this soon with my coming paychecks, and I have a voucher to use. :P

Question though, does anyone know if you can pay to take exams in cash? or does it have to always be via a card? I payed for all my previous exams over the phone with a card. I'd rather pay with cash this time though, since I'm opening a new account soon.

I've been studying my MS Press book like mad and taking the practice exams on the CD. I've also been glancing through some other 70-270 books at a local bookstore, so should that be enough to get me through this test or do I need other sources? I think I've nailed most of the objectives.

KG

unsure about the cash thing, Ive always used my CC. as for preparation, if you have a fair amount of experience with XP (assuming most people do), then you should be fine. Just brush up on the technologies that are rarely used; ie RIS, EFS, etc. I had a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of IIS, so I reviewed pretty hard. The technotes here are EXCELLENT for this exam. Id read those over thoroughly as well.

best of luck man! icon_thumright.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Yeah, I just plan to pull up some videos on RIS. The other stuff seems simple enough...just worried about confusing questions regarding switches/parameters. There are plenty.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Yeah, I just plan to pull up some videos on RIS. The other stuff seems simple enough...just worried about confusing questions regarding switches/parameters. There are plenty.

true, but i dont recall seeing much on command line stuff. That is to say you should still know them for the exam.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Don't forget to get down your NTFS/Share permissions as well!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Don't underestimate this one. Just having hands on experience might not be enough... I hate to say it but I was surprised at how much I didn't know! It became very clear once I read the Sybex book for this exam.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Yeah, unfortunately there's a lot of stuff you really don't need to know...like for workgroup security. :p bleh

But oh well. I suppose it wouldn't be an OS exam if it didn't cover every aspect of the system.