Options

Job demand for a CCVP in UK

Tish2008Tish2008 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was just wondering about the demand and pay for a ccvp in UK?

I am from Sri lanKa, here there is demand, but very less pay comapred to other countries in west, so i was wondering of going to UK

only 4 CCIE s for the whole country, and i am sure they are also out of the country. That is why we have a good demand, good peopel are out of the ocuntry.

Not sure if you have heard about Harith Kariapper he is a sri lanKan well Known here, quadruple CCIE, he is also now in UK instructing for ccie. In his case people demand for him.

In my case i am just completeing ccvp, so i understand i will not have much demand, but at least wondering about the pay.

Hope someone can give few information..and tx in advance
And in the end, it's not the years in a life that count. It's the life in your years...

Comments

• Options
    J0eJ0e Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Tish2008,
    maybe this could help itjobswatch.co.uk, salary is around £50000 dam that's nice.
    Hope I could help! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    hMMMM,.. that is a whole lot......

for a comparison just here in SL a ccvp is paid around $2500 per month.

which is a very pooooor salary...

tx for the reply
    And in the end, it's not the years in a life that count. It's the life in your years...
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't forget to consider the cost of living in your calculations.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Tish2008 wrote:
    I was just wondering about the demand and pay for a ccvp in UK?

I am from Sri lanKa, here there is demand, but very less pay comapred to other countries in west, so i was wondering of going to UK

only 4 CCIE s for the whole country, and i am sure they are also out of the country. That is why we have a good demand, good peopel are out of the ocuntry.

Not sure if you have heard about Harith Kariapper he is a sri lanKan well Known here, quadruple CCIE, he is also now in UK instructing for ccie. In his case people demand for him.

In my case i am just completeing ccvp, so i understand i will not have much demand, but at least wondering about the pay.

Hope someone can give few information..and tx in advance

50,000 GBP equating to 100,000 dollars per annum. Some jobs pay more. Be aware though that many of these jobs are based in and around London and the cost of living is extremely high.

Voice is a very competitive market, there are thousands of CCVP looking for roles. Unless you have significant field experience and can set things up properly unsupervised it will be very difficult to land a decent role and even harder to hang on to it. Many shops look for several years experience in voice including PBX migration as there is often a pre-sales aspect to the work. You must be able to advise on appropriate equipment.
  • Options
    darkfibredarkfibre Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Unless you have significant field experience and can set things up properly unsupervised it will be very difficult to land a decent role and even harder to hang on to it.

Hmmm...is being a Voice engineer quite an independent role then? What is it like?
  • Options
    idipkidipk Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Tish2008,

I am one of those 4 IEs who you are mentioning & also a CCVP.

You have to have HSMP VISA or other work permit to find a good job in UK. There are HSMP points calculators on the web or you can visit British Council to find out more details on HSMP....

HTH,

icon_idea.gif

www.kalaya.org
  • Options
    Hi tx....

yes to start with my chances of getting a job in uk is very low as it is now, i have no experiance to back me up.

Regarding the cost of living, yes... i heard london is very costly

regarding immigration HSMP VISA i went thriugh the point calculator and have more than 75 points, so i can apply fo rvisa, problem is arriving can i get the job i wanted...

Tx again for all the replies....guys..
  • Options
    idipk wrote:
    Hi Tish2008,

You have to have HSMP VISA or other work permit to find a good job in UK. There are HSMP points calculators on the web or you can visit British Council to find out more details on HSMP....

HTH,

icon_idea.gif

www.kalaya.org

Hii.... wow nice to meet you, one of the 4 CCIE in SL.... Congrats, and which tracK did you taKe? I am planning to be the 6th CCIE in SL, well giving some space for teh 5th tehre..... :D
  • Options
    batistabatista Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tish2008 wrote:
    hMMMM,.. that is a whole lot......

for a comparison just here in SL a ccvp is paid around $2500 per month.

which is a very pooooor salary...

tx for the reply

hello I am srilankan too. :)
    wow $2500 per month ccvp is not bad in sl I guess.
    I am in japan but only get around $2500 per month although I got ccnp.
    Cisco : CCNA,CCNP
    Microsoft : MCP Win2003
    Sun : SCSA
    EXIN : ITIL foundation
    Comptia : A+,Network+

Target : CCIE R&S
  • Options
    batistabatista Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    idipk wrote:
    Hi Tish2008,

HTH,

icon_idea.gif

www.kalaya.org

hi nice to meet a one of the few srilankan ccie's :D
    I hope I can be under 10 on that.
    currently I am working on my written.
    Cisco : CCNA,CCNP
    Microsoft : MCP Win2003
    Sun : SCSA
    EXIN : ITIL foundation
    Comptia : A+,Network+

Target : CCIE R&S
  • Options
    milanomilano Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    any of you in srilanka or left with CCIE?