Measure up opinions

MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
Everytime I use measure up from my mspress books I get the most ridiculous questions... Even when I tried to use it for my 290 I ended up just uninstalling it.

I just got a question that basically asked

You have computers and a secure policy is pushed to them by a GPO. Some computers aren't getting updated but you have a feeling that some clients are not as secure as they ought to be. What do you do?

Water the flowers
Break stuff
Run gpupdate
Run the convert utility

Their answer was to run the convert utility because anything besides a NTFS file system can't have a security template added to it....

?????

The Microsoft answer would be to run gpupdate everytime. And this question was on the 70-291 test when it is a 70-290 question.

Does anyone else get that impression that they just don't do a good job at all? I searched some posts and no one really bashes them.

And I'm not just throwing out angry opinions, I honestly think it is a bad source to use to study from.
My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Measureup is the worst pile of crap I have ever seen. Their product (based on what I have seen with the MSPRESS study guides) are a pathetic joke. Not only do their answers sometimes not line up with the "Microsoft" answer, sometimes they are just downright wrong, and sometimes you will get individuals questions whose correct answers contradict each others. It baffles me that Microsoft would attach their name to this steaming heap of dung.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They're basically free exams you get with a book, so what do you expect? Are they the same ones they sell for $99 online? I never liked the ones I've used. Plus, what's the deal with the color scheme on their website? I'd go with that if I was selling sea monkeys, not IT exams.

I read everything on Safari now, so I don't get the supplement CD/DVD materials anymore. I just go with Transcender, and things have been working out great.

edit:
    blargoe wrote:
    Measureup is the worst pile of crap I have ever seen. Their product (based on what I have seen with the MSPRESS study guides) are a pathetic joke. Not only do their answers sometimes not line up with the "Microsoft" answer, sometimes they are just downright wrong, and sometimes you will get individuals questions whose correct answers contradict each others. It baffles me that Microsoft would attach their name to this steaming heap of dung.

There's your post where someone's bashing them. Ask, and ye shall receive, apparently. icon_lol.gif
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote:

Great, I'm glad someone else has the same opinion I am forming. You go blargoe :)

It was kind of confusing on this site because some people seemed to generally seem at least OK with it but it honestly will teach you the wrong way to study for these tests not including the wrong answers to the questions.

You may learn something!
    dynamik wrote:
    They're basically free exams you get with a book, so what do you expect? Are they the same ones they sell for $99 online? I never liked the ones I've used. Plus, what's the deal with the color scheme on their website? I'd go with that if I was selling sea monkeys, not IT exams.

I read everything on Safari now, so I don't get the supplement CD/DVD materials anymore. I just go with Transcender, and things have been working out great.

edit:
    blargoe wrote:

There's your post where someone's bashing them. Ask, and ye shall receive, apparently. icon_lol.gif

I can't bring myself to spend 200 dollars per exam for practice tests. It honestly is way overpriced but I'm not complaining about their product. It is worth it to most.

I usually end up surfing around for like 5 different 10 question trials and go with that.

You may learn something!
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Measure Up are worth the money you spend on them.

Much prefer Transenders myself, most more aligned to MS and the Exam.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dont you hate that? I cant stand that crap. Especially if you're unsure about it to begin with; you are now lead to believe you're entire thinking is wrong...Yea I donut like measure-up that well either.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    So then you're saying you donut like measure-up this much, snadam? :)

donuts.jpg
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That maple bar in the top left, chocolate custard donut right by it, and that cinnamon bun look awesome.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • averyjasaveryjas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LOL! That pic is classic, it should be on the TechExams Home Page...mmm, Donuts! icon_lol.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    woooow, I never saw this until now, very funny! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif
    undomiel wrote:
    So then you're saying you donut like measure-up this much, snadam? :)

donuts.jpg
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Me hungry.

Seriously? Water the flowers? break stuff? I've never used Measure Up, but that sounds like comic relief to me.

Personally, I roll with preplogic practice exams.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • TLwilliams904TLwilliams904 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went to a tech school so along with the 1 week class you are provided measure up practice test from the website ... the only thing i found usefull about it was the explination of the correct answer and the reason why the incorrect answer was wrong. I will tell you this if you use measure up alone as a study tool you will definately fail because it doesn't over half of whats on the test but it gives you an idea as to what you can expect... I actually went to a site called exam collection and found that the downloaded practice test were very helpfull and most of the questions from the practice test were on the actual test, I was really amazed at that either way it goes I passed my 70-270 test on the very first try with a 826/1000
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I actually went to a site called exam collection and found that the downloaded practice test were very helpfull and most of the questions from the practice test were on the actual test, I was really amazed at that either way it goes I passed my 70-270 test on the very first try with a 826/1000

You know this is cheating, right?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    blargoe wrote:
    I actually went to a site called exam collection and found that the downloaded practice test were very helpfull and most of the questions from the practice test were on the actual test, I was really amazed at that either way it goes I passed my 70-270 test on the very first try with a 826/1000

You know this is cheating, right?

To clear up any misunderstanding... i dont **** the practice test were designed from pdf files... you download the notes and the program generates a simulated practice test for you and I actually got wind of the site from this website when i was reading over a form that was posted here ... I had to pay for the program and it pulls pdf files from all different kinds of testings services that users who have also paid for the site have posted. when i say the questions were the same what I should highlight is that the concept was similar and from taking the practice test alone i recognized the problem in the question and i was confident of my answers... and if you think Measureup or **** (generates test from posted pdf files) and also using tech notes and practice test form this site is cheating then by all means report the site but dont suggest that i am a cheater.. I studied using multiple tools such as my class book , microsoft windows xp resource kit, technotes, microsoft help and support
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I had to pay for the program ...
    By credit or debit card? You should have your bank keep an extra sharp eye on your card's transactions. Most of the **** businesses are based in China, Turkey, Pakistan, and places like that. Buying **** materials online is one-way ticket to being a victim of credit card fraud.

To clear up any misunderstanding... i dont **** the practice test were designed from pdf files... you download the notes and the program generates a simulated practice test for you and I actually got wind of the site from this website when i was reading over a form that was posted here ... I had to pay for the program and it pulls pdf files from all different kinds of testings services that users who have also paid for the site have posted. when i say the questions were the same what I should highlight is that the concept was similar and from taking the practice test alone i recognized the problem in the question and i was confident of my answers... and if you think Measureup or **** (generates test from posted pdf files) and also using tech notes and practice test form this site is cheating then by all means report the site but dont suggest that i am a cheater.. I studied using multiple tools such as my class book , microsoft windows xp resource kit, technotes, microsoft help and support

What? Go to http://www.certguard.com/ and look up the site you listed above.
    If you go to their website you can see they get their answers from a well known cheating site. That means they are providing braindumps. Thus that means that you are cheating.

Lose **** to quit cheating, and pick up real practice test questions that aren't taken from the test itself like preplogic, transcenders, or testout.

You may learn something!
    If you go to their website you can see they get their answers from a well known cheating site. That means they are providing braindumps. Thus that means that you are cheating.

Lose **** to quit cheating, and pick up real practice test questions that aren't taken from the test itself like preplogic, transcenders, or testout.[/quote]

IF YOU READ THE WHOLE POST LIKE I SAID I USED MEASUREUP.COM (PRIMARILY) WHICH WAS PROVIDED BY MY SCHOOL.. ALSO BOUGHT AND READ ENTIRELY MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP RESOURCE KIT, TECHNOTES FROM THE MICROSOFT WEBSITE, AND HELP AND SUPPORT I ALSO USED THE TECH NOTES FROM THIS SITE AND PRACTICE TEST...

EVEN AFTER GETTING THE TEST FROM EXAM COLLECTION I USED THE PRACTICE TEST TWICE IT WAS TO LONG AND FLAT OUT BORING WITH NO EXPLINATIONS OF THE ANSWERS .. BUT IT SHOWED DIFFERENT QUESTIONS THEN MEASURE UP, BUT FROM MEMORY I SAW QUESTIONS ON THE TEST THAT WAS SIMILAR IN CONTENT AS WELL AS SIMILIAR QUESTIONS IN CONTENT FROM MEASUREUP
    I STUDIED THE PROBLEM IN THE QUESTION AND AT THE END REVIEWED THE REASONS AS TO WHY EACH ANSWER WAS EITHER CORRECT OR INCORRECT AND THEN I READ THE BOOK TO FILL IN THE BLANKS ... I DID NOT JUST SIT AND MEMORIZE TEST QUESTIONS BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE POINTLESS. IM AN ANALYTICAL THINKER AND I HAVE TO KNOW A REASON AS TO WHY SOMETHING IS DONE OR HOW SOMETHING WORKS

i never took a microsoft test before and i didnt know what to expect so i found this site back in jan 08 registered and posted in one of the forums here some guy mentioned examcollections but after your post i did look up information on the site and now that i am more informed about the site i will not use.. I AM NO CHEATER!!!!
    Mishra wrote:

Lose **** to quit cheating, and pick up real practice test questions that aren't taken from the test itself like preplogic, transcenders, or testout.

Im sorry to keeping blogging up the forum with this issue but being called a **** is not taken lightly... i checked out the link you posted www.certgaurd.com and did a search on exam collection and i agree it came back as a bad site... However the software that I bought came from www.visualcertexam.com which i also searched on the certguard site and it came back as a legit site .... SO I NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THIS A GOOD SITE OR NO .. IF NOT I WONT USE IF ?????
    "some guy mentioned examcollections but after your post i did look up information on the site and now that i am more informed about the site i will not use.."

Great.

There are millions of cheaters out there that can try and justify their ways by many different excuses. You started to defend the fact that you were using the site so it sounded like you were one of those people. Try not too take it too personally. If you realized that you were using a non-legit practice exams site and will stop using them in the future, then you have achieved more than a lot of others have. So good job.

Good luck.

If certguards says they are okay then you are good to use www.visualcertexam.com
    However, is there any reason you don't want to use the packages I listed in my previous post? You might find a better product from recommendations on this site. Personally I don't use any practice exams other than browsing around for free 5-15 question try-out packages.

You may learn something!
    I Thank you for your input and I want you to realize I was not defending the site to say it was not bad. Like I mentioned I have just begun getting into the certification world and I was not aware of practice test scams. So seeing the Site posted in a forum on this site just like preplogic and transcender I thought it was an ok site... I admit I took the practice test on the exams 2 or so time and found that they had many more different questions on them than what measureup provided but again the test had no reasons as to why the right answer was the right answer and why the wrong answer was wrong... but seeing those type of question made me read more about them until i understood what was going on. what i am defending is the hours that i put in constantly reading that book , constantly doing research on the internet , constantly using technet and microsoft help and support , reading the knowledge base articals, those long industry standard( cant think of the name right now) ... Aside from posting a blog here I also sent a message to the support staff @ certgaurd.com because again i do not want to be considered a cheater and i pride myself in the pursuite of my certification and im not willing to compromise that for anyone... I went to college and obtained a B.S. Degree in Computer Information Systems with a 3.0GPA and companies still wont hire.. during school I applied for interships and companies still wouldn't hire but always provided the same excuse you lack certifications and experience but you are well knowlegable about the subject. So Im hoping that this will be a starting point for me ... So Again thank you for bringing this all to my attention