Options

This did not make me laugh

2»

Comments

• Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    itdaddy

While I may or may not agree with you, Your statements are starting to delve into politics...I thought this thread was about employee evaluation?!?!?

Ill admit I took this thread off topic a bit already, it was a goofy comment or two with a few other posters.

Honestly, I dont see how the US President has anything to do directly with Pash's (who lives in London BTW) employee evaluation.

Not hating, just trying to keep it real.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote:
    tetechster79

Is your keyboard stuck? :)
    dude you got to be kidding! you must have stock in oil too! man i do not buy it!
    yeah there is tax. and I understand the pie breakdown! i was making a metaphore dude!

you must have stock in oil or something that is affected by gas hike!

simple math! transport cost go up so does the cost of anything affected by the upswing of transport costs! but i the ceo think i iwll add a few more cents times a billion partons mean
    that island i have been wanting!

I have no single stock, all mutual funds. If you have mutual funds, you have stock in oil companies. The problem with prices being so high is simple economics.

India and China(two HUGE population centers) are becoming more industrial. More demand/same supply = prices go up

No refinery has been built in the US for the last 20+ years. More refining capicity means more crude can be turned into gas. More gas/same demand = lower prices.
    hhaahah LOL...basic math here no calc here man! or maybe!

i do not buy it! it is greed! look at the charts on gas prices!

1979 to 2005 you had like gas from like 1.20 to 1.90 but no more than 2.00 a gallon
    from 2005 to 2008 you have a huge spike in gas prices!

Crude WORLD market prices are at all time highs due to record demands for crude. It was never over $100/barrel back in the 90's and before. Plus speculation on war in oil-rich countries like Iran, Saudia Arabia drives up prices. Note none of these people are CEOs of Exxon, Shell, etc. They are futures market goobers making predictions that drive up the price on the world market.

Also gas is actually cheaper counting for inflation than during the Carter administration. Would you say Carter was a shill for the oil companies?
    dude do you watch the stocks???? I do!! and maybe i can bring better facts but dont try to
    hide what is the truth! it is known freaking fact man that Oil manufacturers or anyone
    dealing with oil and gas in each quarter have reach in the Billions and Billons of dollars in earning. crap man dont get me started but you need to watch the stocks! and fact..

I don't remember anyone complaining when crude was below $20/barrel and the profit margin was alot smaller for the oil companies. The oil companies make tens of billions per year in revenue, the federal government spends 2+, approaching 3 trillion per year. Guess where all that money comes from??? Taxpayers, you seemed to ignore that the Government takes more from oil companies than they get in profits from producing/selling gas to consumers.
    it is about money and how they can suck us dry...GREED people!
    i was saying CEOs for the very fact that those who hold shares! look at Bush! he owns
    oil; he sure isnt complaining!

and the sick thing is maybe i wouldnt either if noone could do anything about it and I was
    sucking people of their money so i can buy an island!

i might have the sickness too but i know me and i would try to help others with my money!
    that is why i am not rich! ;)

it just sucks!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

this is a good argument and hope i am not too offensive but it just fires me right up!

stocks = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ profits
    and CEOs meaning share holders!

Would you be happier if they closed shop, CEOs cashed in their stock and retired to some tropical island? Would you like to wait in lines for gas for hours on end like in the 70's? The bottom line is greedy oil companies employ people, provide a necessary service, and for their trouble have the government take 5X their profits in taxes and get the finger pointed at them by sanctimonious out-of-touch politicians that couldn't manage a corner store.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    snadam

you are right but this forum is known to stir things so i am done
    I have led this thread into politics sorry! you are right...
    i will try to watch myself! dont be too hard on me, many tech threads lead into ther
    crazy discussions. and i guess i can get nutz sometime..just call me crazy itdaddy.

;my appologizees!

techstr79; you do have valid points...... i agree with them creating jobs
    just somebody is taking big peace of THE pie..you are very right...but damn
    media pumping out oil companies to blame making record breaking billions!
    BUT NOT mentioned government laughing their way to the bank!

but i get heated; i wasnt trying to attack you; you have valid facts and you speak well
    in your writing

my keyboard does get stuck and my english sucks! but you get the point!
    hahaha
    but thanks for the facts and very well put as far as history. just i was studying
    some gas price graphs and amazing how 20 years not much of a hike
    but in 3 years up the same as if 20 years had gone by. butu something has tobe done
    either pay us more or something

the only cool thing lately that is an awesome deal for us all is VOIP systems
    i know finally get free long distance calls in canada and USA.. here where I live.
    now that is awesome!

Good luck and God Speed to you all; time for me to leave the kitchen! :D
  • Options
    itdaddy wrote:
    snadam

you are right but this forum is known to stir things so i am done
    I have led this thread into politics sorry! you are right...
    i will try to watch myself! dont be too hard on me, many tech threads lead into ther
    crazy discussions. and i guess i can get nutz sometime..just call me crazy itdaddy.

;my appologizees!

its cool, it was more of a broadcast comment rather than just directly at you anyway. Im all for having a good convo on politics, but its just not the right time/place for it. I dont want to get this thread locked out and have Pash not get good opinions/suggestions on his situation.

thats just me though :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    i

Honestly, I dont see how the US President has anything to do directly with Pash's (who lives in London BTW) employee evaluation.

If us folks in itty bitty england are honest the US president has a lot to do with my work evaluation, even if it is indirectly icon_lol.gif

I am gonna post up the result of my comments to management anyway, for those who are interested.

Cheers,
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    snadam

dude you are 100 percent right; i get crazy sometime and need my face/hands slapped!
    and I will support good arguments like techster79 has given. very well said....and i agree 100 percent with your concepts and facts..just pisses me off I can't do much about it. I love my Chevy truck. I had a nice Honda CRX for 12 years ran like a tank! 40 MPG easily
    and now I love my Chevy and have to deal with the gas prices because of the increase in demand like the Chinese and and Indian countries using vehicles vs bikes to get to work.
    I can see that. just sucks.. I was in England for 2 years while in the USAF and man
    I couldnt believe how fast British cars could go. Like they all had Porche engines no kidding.
    Fastest little cars I had ever seen. But I love my captains chari in my Chevy truck vs
    alittle midge porche like car. but they were fun! and back then noone cared what you drove.
    I had more meaningful fun with my Brit friends than I cared what car I drove. Over in England
    with my Brit friends we had time to have meanning ful fun and friendships and used the
    mass transit system and focussed on hot Brit Chicks! hahaah but the world is changing.
    not sure what to do but keep going!.....cool dudes i back off so others can say meaning ful stuff of others later...;)
  • Options
    Ok well i have had my appraisal meeting and I finally got the explanation I was after. Basically something they didn't make clear is, the certification scores are weighted in their own sub-category. So no worries there.

Although they are now commented to make it clear how the score weighting works on future assessments.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pash wrote:
    Ok well i have had my appraisal meeting and I finally got the explanation I was after. Basically something they didn't make clear is, the certification scores are weighted in their own sub-category. So no worries there.

Although they are now commented to make it clear how the score weighting works on future assessments.

Just bide your time Pash. They can make all the excuses they want, but in the end if they fail to keep a good employee like yourself it's gonna be their loss when you go somewhere else willing to pay you what you are worth. icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know I'm a little late on this topic but dude:

There is one way to stick it to the employer that doesn't respect your hard work enough to give you a raise. Walk. If I get a raise of less than 6 - 8% depending on if I like the place or not, I move on immediately. It has been stated on these forums more than once that you make your money walking in the door and I tend to agree with that. If it becomes apparent your employer is not giving raises that equal at least 2 - 3% more than the inflation rate, then they don't respect what you do and it is time to just move on. It will cost them money, more than the 6% raise they should have given you.

I have one firm personal policy:
    Never ask for a raise, and walk if they don't volunteer one. I don't ask for a raise and I don't accept any raises they offer when I turn in my notice. Companies better learn to recognize the neccessity of their IT personnel and quit treating them as an another expensive cost center. IT creates more savings and generates more revenue than it costs to have IT.

Piss the IT guys off and you lose ALOT of revenue; alot of companies don't even have the revenue losses tied to ITs performance quantified. This is a big mistake. 5 minutes of downtime on a large networks can cost a company literally millions in wasted wages and lost revenues.

Anyway, back to my rant. I work hard as hell, I learn a ton, I always improve their infrastructure and reduce administrative overhead by developing long-term comprehensive solutions. If they don't find value in that then they can find some idiot to run the department, screw it all up, and create the need for more IT people and more consultants.

Just my nickels worth.... :)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I work at one of those places. They see everything that the IT department (me) does as a loss, and not as saving them money. That's why they are always handing me catalogs to design and autocad drawings to draft. I'm just holding out hoping to find another admin job. Because having more time with Network Admin on your resume looks better than jumping ship to a help desk or desktop support position.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Pash wrote:

Just bide your time Pash. They can make all the excuses they want, but in the end if they fail to keep a good employee like yourself it's gonna be their loss when you go somewhere else willing to pay you what you are worth. icon_cool.gif

sounds like good advice to me sprkymrk! Glad it was mostly a big misunderstanding pash. Nothing more annoying then getting 'docked' for something you had no idea about in the first place.

• Options
    Thanks guys.

I am not expecting to be indispensable asset to the company after one year, I am not that naive. I think I am learning as fast as I can and I still want to learn lots more. They are happy with me, I have worked as hard as I can, I cant really do much more than that. I like the guys and girls I work with and I like the clients I do work for. I think I am building up a good relations with most of our clients, which is nice because they trust your advice and listen to you.

All I want is a fair pay review based on the fact I live in a very expensive city (living cost wise) on non city wage (with no allowances).

Now back to building my new vmware lab. :)
  • Options
    According to my colleagues they tell you your pay rise, without discussion usually. But they didnt say to me in my appraisal meeting pay review isnt up for discussion, so if I am not happy with it I will call a meeting.
  • Options
    im very happy, got a 25% raise with back pay. gonna celebrate this week and im gonna go on my first holiday for 8 years this year :)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations on that! Man, I wish I could take a 8 year holiday. :)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    great news pash. Well deserved! Im with you, I too need some time off...Vegas is calling my name :)

• Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Pash wrote:
    im very happy, got a 25% raise with back pay. gonna celebrate this week and im gonna go on my first holiday for 8 years this year :)
    Wow, huge increase man. Congrats!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pash wrote:

All riiiiight!!! icon_thumright.gif
    Lunch is on Pash today! :D
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    c0d3_w0lfc0d3_w0lf Member Posts: 117
    Congrats on the raise!

You're buying the beers. :P
    There is nothing that cannot be acheived.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    25% raise is unbelievable! Congratulations. :D
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Thanks fellas, your comments are much apprechiated as is your help with my silly questions this year :D. You know what i thought this week i would be buying in some rounds, but because my colleagues all have got good reviews as well they keep bloody paying, i cant actually pay for a beer even if i flash my wallet and say im fu**ing paying.....not that im complaining but still drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Pash!!! Good approach and nice lesson to be learned
  • Options
    jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use to play the "If I do good work, they'll notice and I will be rewarded" game. I found out, after a working at a large company, that I was playing the game by myself. My boss, on the other hand, was getting the praises and raises. Now, and this might be painful for some of you to hear, I play the "do good work AND toot my own horn" game. It has worked out better for me. I am uncomfortable with it, but I am less uncomfortable knowing that those above view me as an important asset to the company.