Options

London...

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
If you are from London would you mind either posting here or pm'ing me. I am curious what would be involved to move and obtain citizenship.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    J0eJ0e Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi TechJunky,
    I'm not from UK but maybe this(workpermit.com) could help! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i would strongly consider where you move to because london is expensive, besides they accept pretty much anyone in the UK! :D

seriously though. if you are outside the EU the government is bringing in a points system for people to be eligable for the UK.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/points/
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    chrisdugganchrisduggan Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm a Londoner, yes it can be an expensive game. There be much nicer areas to call home.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    It's very expensive yes. But if you find a well paying job and dont mind slightly more travel from the outter parts of london it's a great city to socialize in.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Thanks for the info.

You make less, but your health insurance is free and the architecture is amazing. :D
  • Options
    TechJunky wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

You make less, but your health insurance is free and the architecture is amazing. :D

i like london but i think edinburgh is a better city.

• Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    TechJunky wrote:
    and i'm sure taxes are high and the waiting listr for that health care is too :P
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    TechJunky wrote:
    and i'm sure taxes are high and the waiting listr for that health care is too :P

Sure is :D

• Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    TechJunky wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

The healthcare is free yes. However, please dont be under any illusion that this is a good thing. NHS wating ques are massive, most NHS trust hospitals are over-crowded and even unclean in some cases. If you are seriously thinking of moving please check your local Doctor/GP/NHS Dentist/Hospital facilities before deciding to move.

As mentioned above you do lose a lot of your paycheque to the taxman, but if you are on a good salary and in a job with London living allowance it wont bother you so much.

The architecture in London is great yeh (lots of history), no more so than any other european city though, and we have some fugly buildings going up atm icon_sad.gif

Ive said it before on a simular thread on here but ive travelled to many cities worldwide and London is the most metropolitan city I have ever seen, its great for a good night out as well.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pash wrote:
    TechJunky wrote:
    Thanks for the info.

The healthcare is free yes. However, please dont be under any illusion that this is a good thing. NHS wating ques are massive, most NHS trust hospitals are over-crowded and even unclean in some cases. If you are seriously thinking of moving please check your local Doctor/GP/NHS Dentist/Hospital facilities before deciding to move.

As mentioned above you do lose a lot of your paycheque to the taxman, but if you are on a good salary and in a job with London living allowance it wont bother you so much.

The architecture in London is great yeh (lots of history), no more so than any other european city though, and we have some fugly buildings going up atm icon_sad.gif

Ive said it before on a simular thread on here but ive travelled to many cities worldwide and London is the most metropolitan city I have ever seen, its great for a good night out as well.

More importantly, how much are pints there? icon_lol.gif
    London looks like a beautiful place. I would love to visit the world, but im pretty content with where I am living.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options

Here Here! hooray for the pint! i love a good one.

i havent been down in nearly 2 year but when i went it was just over £3. but that will have rose now. and besides it all depends where you go cos if you want to be in with all this trendy crowd then you pay the price but if your like me and just like a good boozer and a good pint then your talkin sensible money.

• Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    I spent 5 years in london, I loved it there.
    It can be a tad cold and polluted. But great fun city :D

But Melbourns better ;)
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

Why London, what about the Capital Of Culture "LIVERPOOL" icon_lol.gif

Ive lived here all my life and will die here too, London looks good yeah but i would not live there, scouser through and though icon_lol.gif

Lee H
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    London?? Liverpool?? Pah MANCHESTER!
  • Options
    dave_ne1dave_ne1 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would give a vote for Reading - Capital of the Thames (Silicon) Valley - not far from countryside, London and transport hubs (heathrow etc), plus nice areas on the outskirts to live....Lots of big US and UK companies have IT presence hear (MS, Oracle, Cisco, Accenture, Cable & Wireless, HP, Savvis) and plus its the fastest growing economy in Europe....no shortage of IT jobs around this area also
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135

You better support Man City, disliked MU even more when they stole Rooney from us

icon_lol.gif

Lee H
  • Options
    Lee H wrote:
    You better support Man City, disliked MU even more when they stole Rooney from us
    icon_lol.gif
    Lee H
    Yeah Im blue, and you are too!? Hey that rhymes. Just for those who dont know who Rooney is, hes some sort of cave man who hasnt quite managed Tevez proportions. He has put on a bit of weight since he left mind you. icon_lol.gif
    Rooney%20fitness%20doubt%20for%20world%20cup%20(2).JPG
  • Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    I would have been perfectly content to not know who Rooney was...
  • Options
    Schluep wrote:
    I would have been perfectly content to not know who Rooney was...
    icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    nel wrote:

Here Here! hooray for the pint! i love a good one.

i havent been down in nearly 2 year but when i went it was just over £3. but that will have rose now. and besides it all depends where you go cos if you want to be in with all this trendy crowd then you pay the price but if your like me and just like a good boozer and a good pint then your talkin sensible money.

so for a decent pint its roughly $6 US? I guess thats not too bad. How is happy hour? I am not one for the 'trendy' crowd. I prefer the pub over the nightclub atmosphere any day.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    snadam wrote:
    so for a decent pint its roughly $6 US? I guess thats not too bad. How is happy hour? I am not one for the 'trendy' crowd. I prefer the pub over the nightclub atmosphere any day.

You're forgetting that you'll need 13 to get that image out of your head. It gets expensive quickly.

It's ok though. It's just a Fat Bastard photoshop job: http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0295178/austin3_7612.jpg

I thought I recognized those um.. his um... that background.

edit:

Maybe this one will go: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0295178/Ss/0295178/austin3_7612.jpg.html?hint=group

I was just going to tell you to google image search fat bastard, but when I did that. I saw things that were much worse icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    snadam wrote:

You're forgetting that you'll need 13 to get that image out of your head. It gets expensive quickly.

It's ok though. It's just a Fat Bastard photoshop job: http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0295178/austin3_7612.jpg

I thought I recognized those um.. his um... that background.

yea, but their beer is stronger over there, so ill only need 12 icon_lol.gif

oh, and your linky gave me ACCESS DENIED...thanks IMDB :)