Options

MCSA/MCSE is out

KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, the MCSA/MCSE 2003 will end by the end of the month. What will be next?
MCITP or MCTS
Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_confused.gif:

What do you mean regarding this?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think you're confused. MCSA/MCSE 2000 exams will expire, the certification will still be valid but no one will be able to earn it after March 2008. The MCSA/MCSE 2003 tests have not had a date set for them to expire, and Windows Server 2003 will be used by a great number of companies for years to come. The MCITP:SA and EA tests don't come online until April/June of this year.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • Options
    rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    do you mean that I won't be able to get my MCSA in win2003 after March? I started working on that like two months ago and I am one test away from MCSA right now ... Am I still good? Or was it just a waist of time? Don't quite understand what's going on in here...
    -= The Ray
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rimvydazas wrote:
    do you mean that I won't be able to get my MCSA in win2003 after March? I started working on that like two months ago and I am one test away from MCSA right now ... Am I still good? Or was it just a waist of time? Don't quite understand what's going on in here...

The Windows 2000 and 2003 upgrade (292 & 296) exams are retiring at the end of march. The core Windows 2003 exams (290, 291, 293, 294, etc) will be around for at least two more years. MS announces exam retirements once a year. The retirements for next year have been announced and none of the 2003 exams were on the list.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the fast response! It seems I am good for now.... :)
    -= The Ray
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My mistake that I forgot to put the word "upgrade exam." I never took the time to upgrade because there is no need for my work before and too busy. So, I will never get my anymore.

So, tell me what do I now? Go for MCT or MCITP... Somehow that I can feel my current work will move toward to the new MS products.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    CertAddictCertAddict Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kasor wrote:
    My mistake that I forgot to put the word "upgrade exam." I never took the time to upgrade because there is no need for my work before and too busy. So, I will never get my anymore.

So, tell me what do I now? Go for MCT or MCITP... Somehow that I can feel my current work will move toward to the new MS products.

Kasor,

It happened to me also but managed to get MCSA 2003 upgraded. I was going to take 70-296 on monday but it was very very tight to study and get the exam. I read on the forum that you could take the exams until 24th of May. I called Microsoft and checked this and indeed it is the case. Microsoft is retiring the exmans on the 31st of March but his do not mean you can not take them. Check with your test center and ask them if you can take them later. that will give you over a month to study and take the exams.

Good luck