Options

Spyware on this site? [no]

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

For the last couple of days, when the forums section of this website opens up, right next to the techexams.net logo, there's always a **** advert. You know the kind that you see on **** sites. And the ****'s pretty explicit. Not sure whether this is my computer only. I just did a full kaspersky scan and my PC came out clean....Johann???
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There definitely isn't any spyware attached to techexams.net.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    scan with ad-aware and spybot.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah, site is clean buddy.

Install and update, Ad-aware, spybot, Spysweeper and Spyware Doctor. Reboot into safe mode and run them all. Then use hijackthis.exe to remove anything that doesn't look like it belongs in your startup.

peace,
    -Daniel
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, I am sure that this site's clean as a whistle. But seeing that stuff was a shock. Taking nothing away from the webmaster and the moderators, they do a great job running this. You can imagine the shock if u see that kinda stuff on a respected site.

From all what yer all say, I guess there is some kind of spyware on my machine... icon_sad.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

I would do a full re-install of windows, if i ever get anything like spyware trojan adwere i just wipe the entire hard drive, then i get peace of mind.

Lee H