Options

70-217 Scheduled for Tuesday, 70-219 Next

TechGeekProTechGeekPro Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
I scheduled the 70-217 for Tuesday and I'm considering scheduling the 70-219 (AD Design) on Thursday (assuming I pass the 70-217).

How similar are the two exams? Will preparing for 70-217 help prepare me for the 70-219? Should I allow more time between exams or will the 70-217 get me "on a roll" for the 70-219?

Any advise from poeple who have taken both exams would be appreciated.
Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable.

Comments

• Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I did 217 then 219 also, personally I'd allow a bit longer than a few days. Depending on how much studying you can do etc, I'd schedule them a few weeks apart. There is a lot of overlap, but you also have to learn the "design" element of the exam.

Good luck
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck, TechGeekPro!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    janmike wrote:
    Good luck, TechGeekPro!!
    :D Thanks!!!
    mikiemov wrote:
    ...personally I'd allow a bit longer than a few days. Depending on how much studying you can do etc, I'd schedule them a few weeks apart.
    Well, the problem is, I have 3 exam vouchers that expire on 4/6/04 so a few weeks is out of the question. I passed 70-215 on 3/9/04 and 70-217 is scheduled for 3/23/04, only two weeks later. I'm currently unemployed so I can study full time. Assuming I can pass both Active Directory exams, I'll probably schedule the 70-218 for 4/6/04, only two weeks after 70-217. So my dilemma is: take 70-217 and 70-219 within a few days of each other and allow at least a week and a half to study for 70-218 or spend more time preparing for 70-219 and less time on 70-218.

icon_confused.gif Advice?
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Best Luck TechGeekPro!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    The information is essentially the same from 217 to 219 - the big difference will be in the test format. Design exams are a bit different than the standard exams. If you have a solid understanding of the material for 217 then you should be able to do 219 shortly after (especially considering you can devote full time hours to studying). Be sure to search the MS site for their demos of the design exam.... then try the Transcender for it... if you have no problems with those then you should be ok with your current plan...

As for 218 - if you have successfully passed all the others (210, 215, 216, 217, 219, etc.) then 218 should feel like a review.... Mostly from an admin point of view and mostly focusing on how to fix the network using the MS tools :D
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Good luck, I didnt think the 217 was that hard..
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For 219, read the domain migration cookbook and chapters 9 & 10 of the deployment guide. You can find both at Technet.

I used the Readiness Review to help me get ready for the case study style questions.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete