Options

Is only A+ needed to be a Computer Repair Technician?

Timberwolf5578Timberwolf5578 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am studying for my A+ certification, and I am thinking about becoming a Computer Repair Technician, and maybe starting my own computer repair business someday. So I would like to know if A+ certification is the only certification I would need?

And which exam would I be best off taking in addition to the Essentials exam? IT Technican: 220-602? Remote Support Technician: 220-603? Depot Technician: 220-604?

Any responses will be appreciated :)

- Thanks

Comments

• Options
    pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    take it technician , they say its the hardest but its the best. I got an interview as a computer repair guy and all HE wanted was a+ but some places may differ, but for the most part a+ and experience is all most people really want, a big bold on experience.
    I wanna be ccie
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    You can get by with just an A+, there is no doubt about that. I think that sooner or later though, you will get that urge to move up to bigger things, learn new aspects of IT and reach higher goals.

An A+ with little to no experience will probably get your foot in the door at a Best Buy or some place like it. Best of Luck.