Options

office 2007 crash

EJizzelEJizzel Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
I recently installed Office 2007 on a couple of computers here at work, everyone seems to be Ok but one user is experiencing problem when saving on to our Novell file server... Word just freezes and says that it is saving the document and the whole computer comes to a halt. Any ideas what the problem can be?

I though maybe the desktop search running on the computer could be the problem, I uninstalled it and the problem still persists. I recently installed the new version of Symantec Endpoint Pritection, could this be the problem?

Comments

• Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Is this affecting only the one user?

I havent used Novell File Servers much but is this a share its writing to or a home/profile folder and can others users do this fine?

My first thought would be AV - Endpoint provides AV, Firewall and Network Access Control if i remember right so its quite possible its not setup right for this client.

AV can often cause various problems so I would suggest looking at this first, however if its not affecting other users thius is enabled on and the can write to the same file its going to be unlikely....

I would then look at whether its user or computer side of things. Log in with another user and the same machine and test again this will show you where the fault lies.

If its machine specific it could be the AV or a Hardware problem (Inc Network)

If its user specific it could be a permissions/profile problem?

As i say I havent really worked with Novell Netware so these are just ideas where I would start.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Symantec Endpoint Pritection can be a problem with you running with Vista. Run time library error...
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Off topic question, but is there an Office 2007? I thought they only had a 2007 version of word.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680