Tackling the Beast this week

GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
I'm probably going for the Beast this Friday or maybe next Monday all things considering.

I have been prepping like a madman.

If I pass this test before Monday's over that will be 3 Microsoft exams passed in one month.

That makes me happy!!!

:)
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, good luck! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    I know passing 3 exams in one week is all-time great, but one month is good enough for me.

    I prepped since the beginning of the year for Server and Workstation so there was lots of background knowledge going into the exams.

    Also, my experience with passing the CCNA twice and being former CCDA and CCNP has helped with this exam.

    I don't expect to fail, but I don't want to be cocky either.

    Thanks for all the support from this forum such sprkymark, dynamik, royal, and others.

    Its been fun!!!
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,314 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Goldmember wrote:
    Its been fun!!!

    That sounds like a farewell icon_eek.gif

    Are you planning on moving away from MS after this?
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    In response to Dynamik...

    I love MS so far, its been helluva lot a fun. I have learned an extreme amount of information, most of which I forgot already :), but know I can go back at a later time...hahaha

    I actually like MS products more then when I first took NT 4.0 Pro/Server exams 7+ years ago.
    MS has really introduced some nice features and I believe 2008 will be even better.

    My goal is take the SQL Server 431 exam, Security+, Project+, Sun Java Associate Certification,
    CIW Fundamentals 510, and CIW Fundamentals 520(Web Designer).

    Why?

    All of these certifications are going towards a degree in BSIT at Western Governors University.

    I have been going to school for so long that I need to finally finish.


    Am I leaving?

    Not yet, but I noticed all the best posters are on the Microsoft/Cisco forums.

    I just wanted to hype myself before I slay the beast!!!
    If not, I get second shot anyways!!! hahaha
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    damn, you ripped through the studying!

    godspeed!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

    :study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    To be honest I have a recipe for success


    MSPressBook(or best book on Amazon for particular certification)
    Free Practice Questions
    Ask lots of questions on this forum and newsgroups

    It works!!!

    I just study my ass off.

    I was really close to taking my CCIE a few years back. I'm pretty sure I would have passed and I don't mean to brag because the CCIE preparation is brutal.

    I make sure to use all available resources in a round robin method(book, forums, questions, book, forum, questions, sleep, book, forum, questions...etc...)

    I study chapter 10, but jump around to find answers on wikipedia and the internet.

    If there is a chapter on DNS, I go to TCP/IP Guide or my personal library and do extra "out of book" reading to supplement my knowledge, sometimes at stake of the certification goals. What this does is solidify my knowledge of certain topics.

    One book I recommend for all Windows admins/Windows junkies now is

    Guide to Windows Hacking

    This book will really test your knowledge of accounts, encryption, NETBIOS, and tools used in daily administration when seen from a hackers point of view.

    Good day :)
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • JdotQJdotQ Member Posts: 230
    Good luck! Be sure to let us know how you did!
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good luck, My test is in 8 days.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Have a link to that Windows Hacking book?
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,353
    Goldmember wrote:
    I have learned an extreme amount of information, most of which I forgot already

    Not to kill the joyful mood, but doing something like this is not good. Cramming will help you pass fast, but it does not help with retaining information.

    I'd rather spend more time on each individual exam, fully learn it so I will remember it, and be better off long-term. After all, using both methods still lands you the cert, but a cert is worth nothing if you forgot what you certified for.

    I'm sure your comment was sarcasm, but my comment is more of a general statement, not an attack towards you. Just telling everyone, don't rush your exams. Spend the time and make sure you full understand what you are learning so you will retain it long-term.

    Just my 2 cents.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Local prometric testing center is closed until April 7th!!!

    Can you believe that???

    The next closest center is too far for me to drive.

    Looks like I will study for another exam in between...probably Security+.

    Then I will go back and take both exams during April.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,314 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Is it a college/tech school that provides the testing? They usually close over spring break.
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Yes, technical school.

    The funny thing is on prometric website it says I can't schedule the exam ever...meaning never.

    I talked to the exam center rep and he mentioned they are closed until April 7th, but I should be able to schedule an exam for future date.

    Somewhere in the process something got fouled up. The fact that prometric website doesn't have future dates listed for this exam doesn't make sense.

    Thanks
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,314 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I believe I noticed the same thing last year. For some reason, I wasn't able to schedule any future dates until it reopened.
  • Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    royal wrote:
    Goldmember wrote:
    I have learned an extreme amount of information, most of which I forgot already

    Not to kill the joyful mood, but doing something like this is not good. Cramming will help you pass fast, but it does not help with retaining information.

    I'd rather spend more time on each individual exam, fully learn it so I will remember it, and be better off long-term. After all, using both methods still lands you the cert, but a cert is worth nothing if you forgot what you certified for.

    I'm sure your comment was sarcasm, but my comment is more of a general statement, not an attack towards you. Just telling everyone, don't rush your exams. Spend the time and make sure you full understand what you are learning so you will retain it long-term.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Thats true, but it can still be difficult to keep everything in memory, if you do not work with it on a daily/bidaily basis. The method I've been using so far, is to write 20-30 pages crams, and then use those to perform labs every 4th to 5th week or so, to keep everything fresh in memory. Of course the best would be to land a job that requires these skills daily, but until I get that far, I find that this is the method that works best for me.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    Dracula28 wrote:
    royal wrote:
    Goldmember wrote:
    I have learned an extreme amount of information, most of which I forgot already

    Not to kill the joyful mood, but doing something like this is not good. Cramming will help you pass fast, but it does not help with retaining information.

    I'd rather spend more time on each individual exam, fully learn it so I will remember it, and be better off long-term. After all, using both methods still lands you the cert, but a cert is worth nothing if you forgot what you certified for.

    I'm sure your comment was sarcasm, but my comment is more of a general statement, not an attack towards you. Just telling everyone, don't rush your exams. Spend the time and make sure you full understand what you are learning so you will retain it long-term.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Thats true, but it can still be difficult to keep everything in memory, if you do not work with it on a daily/bidaily basis. The method I've been using so far, is to write 20-30 pages crams, and then use those to perform labs every 4th to 5th week or so, to keep everything fresh in memory. Of course the best would be to land a job that requires these skills daily, but until I get that far, I find that this is the method that works best for me.


    I don't think cramming for exams is bad at all.

    As long as you are not cheating.

    Who is to say that you can't cram and remember everything afterwards.

    Everybody is different.

    At least its not cheating.

    You can't expect someone to spend 1 month alone knowing the ins and outs of RRAS when its barely used in the real world.


    When I study technologies you have to keep everything in perspective.
    Technologies come and go, you must learn what is pertinent and relevant and continue to progress.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,314 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks like you're back. You've been MIA for awhile. Any luck taking this thing (or anything else) down? I've been gone the last couple of weeks myself, so maybe I missed your other posts.
Sign In or Register to comment.