Options

Last minute testers?

ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone taking either of these exams between now and Monday?

I did 292 a few months ago, but decided to skip 296. I am looking at 293 & 294 later this year or sometime next year. There are just other things I want and need to work on right now: Citrix, Cisco, Windows 2008, security.
Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Nope, I got mine in :)
    There is a thread here that someone posted something about the upgrade exams being available until sometime in May... I have not confirmed this to be true, but if it is then maybe there is still time for you.

Maybe if you have until May and the second shot, it might be worth trying. I honestly found the 296 to be much easier than the 292. I actually found it to be easier than a lot of the 2000 MS exams I took.

If I hear anything else about this "May Rumor" I'll let you know.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is a thread here that someone posted something about the upgrade exams being available until sometime in May...

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=209086#209086
  • Options
    Interesting stuff. I looked around the MS site and found some mention of the May 24th date in the user groups. I think I will start prepping for 294 and if this is conferred switch gears towards 296.
    Andy

• Options
    Tyler DurdenTyler Durden Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ajs1976 wrote:
    Anyone taking either of these exams between now and Monday?

I did 292 a few months ago, but decided to skip 296. I am looking at 293 & 294 later this year or sometime next year. There are just other things I want and need to work on right now: Citrix, Cisco, Windows 2008, security.

I'm taking 292 tomorrow and 296 Monday icon_cool.gif
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise
  • Options
    eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    Yep.

I just passed the 70-292 today with a score of 880.
    Will be taking 70-296 on Monday.

Kind regards
    Eastp
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
  • Options
    eastp wrote:
    Yep.

I just passed the 70-292 today with a score of 880.
    Will be taking 70-296 on Monday.

Kind regards
    Eastp
    Congrats! Good luck on the 296
  • Options
    Joe DonnerJoe Donner Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done!

What were your thoughts on 292? Some call it a beast, but I found it to be ok.
  • Options
    technokoztechnokoz Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I called the MCP # on 3/27 to confirm that these exams (and all the others slated to retire 3/31) are being extended until 5/24.

I took 292 & 296 yesterday and scored in the high 485 & 468. This is very disappointing after scoring high on all the my MCSE 2000 exams. I've been using the products in a large production environment for years. I studied with the MS Press Self-Paced Training Kit. I did the practice exams at least 8 times each and was scoring decently. I would have liked to spend more time on labs but time was ticking away.

Looking back on the results...I'd say that I need to spend a lot more time on DNS and Security. There were a lot of SUS questions.

I found that a lot of the questions were obscure scenarios that no one would use in real life. I also found that some of the questions were poorly written or spent too much time explaining something that had nothing to do with the question. For example there was a interactive DNS question that talked about using Round-Robin for a web server. Then when you went down to do the answer, it ended up just having you do the A-records. Makes you scratch your head to figure out what they were wanting.

I also found that the test engine was a little unstable. On both exams I had times that it took a minute or so for the system to go from one question to another. In all my years of taking exams, I've never seen this before.

Now that I'm not trying to cram two exams into my head in less than two weeks, I'm going to take some time to go back through the labs.

Here's my thoughts on this exam. It's five years old and MS has been working hard to combat against braindumps. I think they are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to questions. It makes me think twice about waiting so long to take exams.
  • Options
    CertAddictCertAddict Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed recently my 70-292 and I was looking to take 70-296 on Friday with the possibility of second shot on monday but after reading in the forum about being able to take the exam after march 31st, I called Microsoft and indeed you can take the exams until 24th of may if your test center agrees. I will take 70-296 on thw 7th of April with second shot if needed.

Good luck on the upgrade.
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone taking this by the new deadline!
  • Options
    Andy

• Options
    I only asked about the 296 exam and just got confirmation that it is extended to 5/24. I have a lot going on right now, but i'm going to give it a shot in May.
    Andy

• Options
    hitman71hitman71 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 70-292 on the 25th of March and passed with a 775 after failing 3 times . I do not know how I passed really . I actuallly thought I failed and I really couldn't care less . This test was all about the money . As far as pointers to tell you the truth I didn't study one bit for the last time . So I would recommend not studying :))) .

Kidding

Not

I will be glad once they retire this puppy .

Seriously like others have said know DNS like its the back of your hand . If you do you will have a good chance to pass but even so know everything else as well . There is 0 room for error .

700 is very misleading . You need to be perfect on this exam so go in there with the intention on getting every question correct . I missed some for sure but most of them I got correct .

Happy Testing ,

Chris
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    hitman71 wrote:
    I took the 70-292 on the 25th of March and passed with a 775 after failing 3 times .

Congratulations.

This exam was/is a beat, I am glad to hear others are still passing.
  • Options
    Joe Donner wrote:
    Well done!

What were your thoughts on 292? Some call it a beast, but I found it to be ok.

Thx,
    Sorry for the late reply

I found it to be ok as well, same as with 70-296. Passed it with 860
    For me the beast is still 70-216 icon_wink.gif

Kind regards
    Eastp
    Multitasking:
  • Options
    Joe DonnerJoe Donner Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Aye - agreed!

In a straight-up fistfight 216 will kick 292's bottom with a smile, no question about it.

But then we all beat both of them so I wonder what Chuck Norris has to say about that...

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Yes,

KO in the first…
    I don’t know, the force is strong in you, young Joe…

Ok, that wasn’t chuck
    :o

Kind regards.
    Eastp
    Multitasking:
  • Options
    passed 70-296 today with a 700. :D What a relief.

Not sure what exam i'm going to start working on next.
    Andy

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job ajs! Nice to hear you still pushing the certs. You deserve mention on the recongition thread. You have helped me a lot.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Whoa. Exact passing score one week before the exam becomes unavailable? You really like to make things suspenseful, don't you? icon_lol.gif

Congratulations on the pass. That must be a load off your mind.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Whoa. Exact passing score one week before the exam becomes unavailable? You really like to make things suspenseful, don't you? icon_lol.gif

Congratulations on the pass. That must be a load off your mind.

You have no idea. While I was studying for this, I was trying to finish up work for two classes i'm taking, get the baby's room ready before my wife loses it, and i'm buried at work. Now it is time to get some sleep.
    Andy