Options

MCP certificate on MS website

rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was about to download my certificate for MCP from microsoft, but it's not there! The only one available is MCTS. I do have logos created for MCP and MCTS, but still only MCTS certificate. Is MCP certificate available for download at all ?
Thanks
-= The Ray

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Not that I've been able to find. I tried seeing if I could get my MCSE certificate on there a while back. Unless someone has had luck otherwise, I'm going to have to say that it's just the newer Certificates on there.
  • Options
    Not that I've been able to find. I tried seeing if I could get my MCSE certificate on there a while back. Unless someone has had luck otherwise, I'm going to have to say that it's just the newer Certificates on there.
    That sucks! does anyone know if they are available by mail? It really doesn't make sense not to put them online...
    -= The Ray
  • Options
    kd7eirkd7eir Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The MCP certificates are only available by mail. You have to request the "welcome kit" to get each MCP certificate.
  • Options
    kd7eir wrote:
    The MCP certificates are only available by mail. You have to request the "welcome kit" to get each MCP certificate.
    I found that as well googling around. It's so sad that I can't hand it on the wall in my job right away icon_cry.gif
    -= The Ray
  • Options
    rimvydazas wrote:
    kd7eir wrote:
    I found that as well googling around. It's so sad that I can't hand it on the wall in my job right away icon_cry.gif

I've got 5 MS certificates hanging on my wall at work, the problem is that all of them look very similar, I wouldn't be surprised if people walked past my office and thought I just scanned the same certificate a couple times and put it up on my wall.

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    mrx9000mrx9000 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you request a welcome kit each time you passed an exam???

I thought there was just 1 MCP certificate regardles of how many MCP exams you have passed and the next certificate comes with MCSA and another with MCSE?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    theloop wrote:

I thought there was just 1 MCP certificate regardles of how many MCP exams you have passed and the next certificate comes with MCSA and another with MCSE?

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. If you check his cert list, he has an MCP, two MCSAs, and two MCSEs.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    theloop wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. If you check his cert list, he has an MCP, two MCSAs, and two MCSEs.

That's right. You get only 1 MCP certificate, and then you get 1 certificate for each new Level of Certification. I have my MCSA in both 2000 and 2003 and my MCSE in both 2000 and 2003. Each time I was eligible for a new Welcome Kit, I had to request it by through the MCP site.
  • Options
    mrx9000mrx9000 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will look forward to the next one! :) Come on MCSA!!!