Options

Ms-press

GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi there , I'm starting sturyding Xp 70-270 and I would like to know which books is the best. For the moment i got e-book from" Ms-press WindowsXp Inside Out"! Does this book is enough to pass the Exams

Comments

• Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    is that a certification book? Or just a book on the operating system? I have used the ms press books in the past, boring but thourough. But make sure you get a book that concentrates on the cert.
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Which book so, i must have! I want to get a Cert.. on WinXp 70-270
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    Honestly i have never taken this test, but this is the isbn for the ms press book of this exam

0-7356-1429-6
    Xinxing is the hairy one.
  • Options
    keef-richardskeef-richards Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi there

I'm waiting to sit my 70-270 exam (test centre is having probs - typical)
    I bought the McGraw book which is useful for a foundation level of information. I think the Sybex book is slightly better however I dont think it will fully prepare you for the exam.

What I did was read my book at LEAST twice, read Cramsessions notes and used Transcenders - KEEP doing transcenders until you understand the concepts that keep coming up. **** questions are also good, but seem a bit easier than the Transcenders. The key to the questions is not always knowing the right answer, but being able to work out which answers are wrong and leave the correct answer, hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Conte, you may notice in Keefs' post:
    Keef wrote:
    [products to **** my way through exams because I'm to darn lazy to actually study for it. questions are also good, but seem a bit easier than the Transcenders.

The reason you see that is because the product he used is considered a Braindump. Braindumps are the most evil of all study guides, in fact, they're usually illegal. They are nothing more than the actual questions and answers from the exam, that have been stolen to sell. You won't really learn anything, which could make you look like a fool in an interview, or on the job. My advice, go to Amazon.com, try looking up books there and read up some comments on each book, to give you idea of what other people think of each title. I prefer Sybex, Transcender, and M$ Press books. I've also used Mike Myers AIO guides, which I like a lot as well. Remember to use more than one source to cover any overlaps you may see. When you're scoring consistently in the 85% and up range on most practice tests, you should be ready for the live exam. Good Luck, and remember, if you use a braindump, you'll be known as a bad person.

P.S., if you're not sure if it's a ****, try posting the title here, it will be automatically blocked by the forum if it is bad.
    i remain, he who remains to be....