Options

Studying for 70-271 - test this Friday

bogdan5bogdan5 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I have 70-271 scheduled for this Friday at noon.
I've been studying out of MS self-paced training kit for over a month now. I've did some of the labs and went through all the questions where I answered 90% of them right. I also did the Readiness Review that comes with the book and I've scored on them 85% or so.

I went through the whole book and I even went back and read some sections again just to make sure I got everything right. I went through the tech notes for 70-270 and browsed a lot of pages regarding permissions and connectivity where I think I was having problems with.

I also used CBT 70-270 to reinforce my knowledge.

I also got a hold of Trascender Practice Exam and I'm only scored 65% to 72% on all 4 tests. Is Trascender tests harder then the actual test or I should be worried.

Also, I register without the 2nd shot voucher. If and let's say only if I don't pass the test on Friday and I still used it as for the 2nd shot. Or do you guys think that I should just reschadule my test.

Thanks for all your help.
Going for:N+, MCSA/MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It sounds like you've put a decent amount of work into this.
    bogdan5 wrote:
    I also got a hold of Trascender Practice Exam and I'm only scored 65% to 72% on all 4 tests. Is Trascender tests harder then the actual test or I should be worried.

Keep going through it. They provide excellent explanations. Make sure you learn why each option is or isn't correct; don't just memorize answers
    bogdan5 wrote:
    Also, I register without the 2nd shot voucher. If and let's say only if I don't pass the test on Friday and I still used it as for the 2nd shot. Or do you guys think that I should just reschadule my test.

You have to use the second shot when you register for the exam. You can try cancelling and rescheduling quickly to see if you can get back in your slot. I think you should just pass it and not screw around with it ;)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I had the same problem of not registering with the 2nd shot voucher but decided not to go through the hassle of canceling and rescheduling since I had a really difficult time finding a working time slot. So that just means additional pressure to pass tomorrow! (which still found me playing Wii bowling last night instead of studying. Oops!)
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    pcpro215pcpro215 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For what it's worth, I was getting between 72-88, on Measureups, and thought the actual M$ test was harder than that. Study, study, study, and you should do fine. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    Well I got sick so I was moved it to Monday but I might move it to the following Monday. I really want to make sure I'll study everything I can.
  • Options
    I passed :) 850 - 49 questions.

I was nerve wracking at first. First question comes up and it's internet connection troubleshooting. I'm like what the hell. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th also internet connection. I was going nuts. And it seems like all of them were on DNS. VPN, printers, CDROM access. I came out strong on all the objectives.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Quick questions. When should I expect an e-mail from Microosft with the ID? Do I have to do anything to get all the info?
  • Options
    I passed 70-272 yesterday with 815.

Now my question is? Having MCDST certification which test would be better for Vista and why?

70-620,70-621,70-622?

There is Enterprise support technician and Microsoft Windows Vista: Configuring Certifications.

I already ordered book for 70-620 but would it be better for me to take 70-621?

Thanks for all your help guys
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    Its up to you, but taking 621 is the MCDST upgrade and is the same as taking 620 & 622. From what Ive read I think its a split test, first half of the test is 620, the second half is 622. Its one less exam fee if you want to do the MCITP:EST as well as Vista. If you dont want to do the MCITP:EST then just go with 620.
  • Options
    Thanks for that info.

I can't find a book for 70-621. Can I just study from 620?
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    There is no book for 621, and I dont think there will be one. But I could be wrong. Get the book for 622 and use that and 620 for the exam. You probably will be able to skim over some parts of 622 if you read 620 first.

Check this previous thread for a little bit more 622 info