Trickey questions from A+ hardware

charwellcharwell Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just a simple reminder:

You must know AMD processors: pin #, socket size, and speeds! icon_exclaim.gif
If memory serves correctly, look out for 2100 and 1700 plus processors (but not definitely sure about the exact processors!)

Comments

• angkeeferangkeefer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my A+ Core hardware test last Thursday, but I didn't have any question on processors, sockets or slots. I guess the test is a lot different for everyone. Most of my questions were on troubleshooting. I even had one question twice.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i always hated the idea of questions about processors and bus speeds and stuff. luckily i didn't get questioned too hard in these areas.

if it's the kind of stuff comptia expects you to know, it's best to try to learn them.
    A+ Moderator
  • bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    I had exactly one question dealing with CPU specs, and it asked what socket/slot the Pentium II used...very easy.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i think that's the kind of cpu question i got
    A+ Moderator
  • chucksterchuckster Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was also asked about AMD processors {one question}, but most of test was about testing my knowledge of windows installition procedures and various troubleshooting utilities and navagating the various windows operating systems namely 2k and XP with some 98 thrown in. No dos questions at all which suprised me since so much time is spent on it in all the cert material I used. O well still good to know tho, Huh.
    chuckster