Prep Logic "free"

jonathan_hebertjonathan_hebert Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to let everyone here know that PrepLogic ran a "promotion" where you pay $143 for their practice exams, and then get an exam voucher for "free."

Well, all over their website it was saying that the vouchers they provide for A+, Net+, and other popular exams were FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE... but after you purchase the practice exam, they let you know that the value of the promotion is only $155. Essentially a $12 value/savings.

I'm not saying anything bad about them, but I definitely am disappointed and think that their website is not very clear about the promotion, and due to the fact that their website has "FREE" all over it no matter where you look, that it is dishonest.

Please be aware of any and all PrepLogic promotions in the future. What they are advertising is NOT what they are selling.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    No need to double post.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think they lost a ton on the last time they did the promotion. I think I paid $99 for the Security+ practice exam and then got a free voucher for the real exam. I guess they wised up.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't mind him double posting something like this.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Well, I do mind being it posted even once cause it's simple slander against one of the few clean advertisers available in this industry and without them and a couple of other advertisers (e.g. Trainsignal, ExamForce) TechExams.net wouldn't be what it is today.

You pay for their practice exams and get a voucher free. That's what it says, that's what you get. Nothing dishonest about it, it's actually a great deal. Subtracting that $143 (of the practice exam) from the $155 (of the voucher) is uhmm... subtracting apples from oranges. You don't save $12, you pay $143 for their practice exams and get a free voucher for a max value of $155.

The simple terms are very clearly explained when you click the Full Details links and includes a phone nr incase it's not clear to you, which I suggest your try next time before you so eagerly try to make one of the few clean businesses left in this industry look bad.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Webmaster wrote:
    Well, I do mind being it posted even once cause it's simple slander against one of the few clean advertisers available in this industry and without them and a couple of other advertisers (e.g. Trainsignal, ExamForce) TechExams.net wouldn't be what it is today.

You pay for their practice exams and get a voucher free. That's what it says, that's what you get. Nothing dishonest about it, it's actually a great deal. Subtracting that $143 (of the practice exam) from the $155 (of the voucher) is uhmm... subtracting apples from oranges. You don't save $12, you pay $143 for their practice exams and get a free voucher for a max value of $155.

The simple terms are very clearly explained when you click the Full Details links and includes a phone nr incase it's not clear to you, which I suggest your try next time before you so eagerly try to make one of the few clean businesses left in this industry look bad.

If it's any consolation, I just purchased the VMWare ESX set from Trainsignal through this site :D
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is misleading.

From the home page: "Take your Exam for Free" then you click on a link "Get Certified for Free"

Then you can click on the Security+ where is says "Free Security+ voucher".

From my experience, an exam voucher covers the whole price of the exam.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You get a free voucher up to $155 value, which in case of Microsft and Cisco does mean exactly take your exam for free. Concidering the cost of CompTIA's exam prices, CISSP, CEH, it's not so odd they put a limit on the value of the voucher and/or make exceptions for certain exams. Just as common as the offer not being available to international customers.

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32544

But my initial reply was towards the incorrect claim of the OP that you save only $12. If you want to discuss a certain PrepLogic product, write a review for the appropriate forum. If you have a problem with them as a customer contact them. I don't think disecting the non-explicit martketing text of any company in these forums will contribute to anything.

Thanks dynamik icon_lol.gif
This discussion has been closed.