Options

Send some well-wishes this way please...

aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
Well, I'm set to take my CCENT exam tomorrow morning. So please wish me luck and if you are inclined to do so and are in good standing with the Lord icon_wink.gif , say a little prayer for me as well.
CCIE Wr: In Progress...
Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
Follow my study progress at Route My World!
My CCIE Thread

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Good Luck!
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    127.0.0.1127.0.0.1 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! It should be pretty easy. :)
  • Options
    CiscoCertsCiscoCerts Member Posts: 112
    Good luck! What all have you done to prepare for tomorrow?
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck my friend!
  • Options
    SoulreaverSoulreaver Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Hopefully you won't need luck, I wish you the best on your exam. Let us know how you did.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    good luck!
    as long as you studied hard you will pass it!
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Crush it, bro! Show the test who's its daddy! icon_lol.gif
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man your gonna pass it dont worry!
    I wanna be ccie
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Oh my lawd!!! Well.. I passed..

First off thanks to all those who gave me some luv! You're all appreciated!

Secondly, boy did I eke out the last juice on this one. To tell you honestly, I was so convinced that I failed the exam 10 minutes before it was over. The first 10 to 15 questions went along fine and I was like "I gots dis baby!" Hahaha. But then afterwards, I had so many questions where I went through the "I-know-this-but-I'm-not-quite-sure-because-the-other-answers-made-sense-too" spell. But all along, I was keeping in mind a suggestion I read in another forum to just trust your gut and let your long nights (and days) of studying take over. So I just tried my best not to second guess myself and go with my gut. The better alternative, of course, is to know the material outright without a doubt in your mind. I had some of those that I was sure about.

With 10 minutes remaining, I still had 15 questions left. I spent a lot of my previous questions reading and re-reading and double-checking my answers. But when the time pressure started to build I knew I had to trust my instinct. I just went through the question half reading them and tried to answer them to the best of my abilities. I skipped a whole simulation question only beacause I knew that I wont finish the exam if I spent more time on a bigger problem. Well, in the end I still didn't finish the exam - there were 2 remaining questions when the exam ended. 5 minutes before it ended, I've already accepted the probability that I would probably fail it. But, your well-wishes worked icon_wink.gif Add to that was that my wife was also praying for me in the car while she and my 2yr old were waiting in the car.

Anyway, that's my story. I definitely learned a lot in the whole process. Now I have a better understanding of what I need to do to improve my study methods. One passing score really does a lot to bolster your confidence and drive, so hopefully I can use that momentum to do much better with 640-816.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro! This gives me some hope. I'm about to take this on Apr. 7 and this week will be the home stretch review week for me. I just hope to pull it off like you did! icon_lol.gif
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Yeah, we probably should have reminded you about the importance of time management on the exam. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    Well, I'm set to take my CCENT exam tomorrow morning. So please wish me luck and if you are inclined to do so and are in good standing with the Lord icon_wink.gif , say a little prayer for me as well.

you got it for both! I didnt have a chance to post earler. Glad you passed and good luck on 640-816!!

G.
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops