CEH

nangananga Member Posts: 201
Hi Guys,

All said and done....the CEH forum has no activity with the latest info in the CEH cert.

I would be thankful if u ppl could help me with the baisc info of CEH.

1) I would like to take self study..which is a good book to refer to .
2) How difficult is it for self preparation.

Am a student...with some basic security job experience.......and have ccna,network+ security+

thanks.

Comments

  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    nanga wrote:
    Hi Guys,

    All said and done....the CEH forum has no activity with the latest info in the CEH cert.

    I would be thankful if u ppl could help me with the baisc info of CEH.

    1) I would like to take self study..which is a good book to refer to .
    2) How difficult is it for self preparation.

    Am a student...with some basic security job experience.......and have ccna,network+ security+

    thanks.

    Without searching for the objectives and full requirements I can tell you documented 2 years experience in security is needed to be able to sit the exam. we have a number of members whom have taken the exam who may be able to shed some light more then I can..I hope to take this sometime in the next few years after a class taught by keatron if I had my way. :D
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Isn't CEH version 6 coming out in a month or two? You may want to hold off on purchasing study materials. I think the new version has something like 28 new modules.
  • SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    shednik wrote:
    Without searching for the objectives and full requirements I can tell you documented 2 years experience in security is needed to be able to sit the exam. we have a number of members whom have taken the exam who may be able to shed some light more then I can..I hope to take this sometime in the next few years after a class taught by keatron if I had my way. :D

    The experience requirement only applies if you are pursuing the self study method. It is listed as "2 years security related work experience" which is not as stringent as the CISSP requirements, but is still required for the self-study method. The application for the self study methods states that you must have your Boss/Supervisor/Department Head submit a letter on Company Letterhead confirming your experience.

    You can still take the exam if you do not meet the experience requirement, but will need to attend training at an ATC (Accredited Training Center). More information on all of this can be found at http://www.eccouncil.org/ceh.htm including the Course Outline and FAQs. The applicaton for self study if you qualify can be found by clicking here (pdf format).
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec CISSP SSCP GSEC EnCE C|EH Cloud+ CySA+ CASP+ PenTest+ Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 12,406 Admin
    dynamik wrote:
    Isn't CEH version 6 coming out in a month or two?
    In June or July I think, but I don't know when EC-Council will stop offering the CEHv5 exam. I expect there will be some overlap of v5 and v6. keatron will know.
Sign In or Register to comment.