Can I take both exams for a+ the same day?

jmac82jmac82 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Do I have to take them apart from one another or can I take them together?

Comments

• tomiwatomiwa Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes you may take both exams on the same day if you so wish. I've had students whom I let take both exams a day between each exams. They passed very well and even a couple of them got full marks.

However, if you decide to take both exams on the same day, I suggest you prepare very well. You need to remember that you'll be draining you brain. Each exam is about 2hrs. Well, I'll say it's a great way to prepare for the lengthy Microsoft Certifications.

Bottom Line... It is Possible. My advice... give yourself a day or two in between.
  • pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took both of them in the same day
    I wanna be ccie
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I took and passed both the same day. It took about 45 minutes each, for me.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jmac82 wrote:
    Do I have to take them apart from one another or can I take them together?

Absolutely, and I recommend that as the way to take the exams. You of course, should decide for yourself.

My feeling is....these exams (basically hardware items on one, and basically software items on the other)....are skills a technician needs to use in-conjunction with their diagnosis and they simply split into two exams to keep the topics straight. In real world situations, a technician needs to know how to handle "THE WHOLE" PC problem and not just 1 part.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I recommend both tests on the same day. When I took mine I took both tests on the same day and didn't really feel any pressure going from one to the other all in 30-45 minutes total. If you're a good technician at both hardware and software then you shouldn't feel any additional pressure doing both on the same day. Just make sure you know your stuff, walk in with confidence, and knock them out.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    My feeling is....these exams (basically hardware items on one, and basically software items on the other)....are skills a technician needs to use in-conjunction with their diagnosis and they simply split into two exams to keep the topics straight.
    i disagree. i think you're referring to the old A+ Core & OS tests. A+ Essentials mostly centers around hardware & software, whereas A+ IT Technician (220-602) basically covers the same ground but has a greater emphasis on dealing with customers, professionalism, etc.

i should have taken mine on the same day. each exam consisted of 100 questions and i finished a little after 30 minutes.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    muyloco286 wrote:
    My feeling is....these exams (basically hardware items on one, and basically software items on the other)....are skills a technician needs to use in-conjunction with their diagnosis and they simply split into two exams to keep the topics straight.
    i disagree. i think you're referring to the old A+ Core & OS tests. A+ Essentials mostly centers around hardware & software, whereas A+ IT Technician (220-602) basically covers the same ground but has a greater emphasis on dealing with customers, professionalism, etc.

i should have taken mine on the same day. each exam consisted of 100 questions and i finished a little after 30 minutes.

The objectives overlap so much that a candidate could take all 4 exams (mind you, only Essentials + an elective are needed), the same day....the skills and objectives needed to answer exam questions overlap so much that I still believe the exams should be studied as for one 'whole' exam and completed in 1 day.

The material is still basically 'hardware' and 'software'.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?