Options

CCIE Salary

orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am planing for CCIE cet in next few month.

I would like to know how much will be the salay fresh CCIE.
Nothing is impossible in this IT world.

Comments

• Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    How long is a piece of string? It depends on your hands-on experience not just because you hold the cert.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    And you're not going to get a CCIE in a few months. It wouldn't command the salary it does if it was that easy.
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The CCIE has matured in a sense. In the late nineties when many new technologies were young and there was the dot com and telco dash what few CCIE's were available could command extremely high rates even if they were relatively inexperienced. Today, a CCIE can still command very high rates of pay but the experience you bring to the table counts as much as the cert. You may very well be interviewed by a grizzled timeserved CCIE.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just an observation but you do not list CCNP in your list of certs in your profile. Are you saying your are going to get NP and IE within a few months?
  • Options
    hettyhetty Member Posts: 394
    RTmarc wrote:
    Just an observation but you do not list CCNP in your list of certs in your profile. Are you saying your are going to get NP and IE within a few months?
    You dont need CCNP to go for CCIE. I dont think many would go that route though!
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    how much is the salary of garbageman ???
    i like banna peel ?
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    netdudenetdude Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how about a data center admin :D
  • Options
    hetty wrote:
    RTmarc wrote:
    You dont need CCNP to go for CCIE. I dont think many would go that route though!

historically a lot did before the professional qualifications came out. But I take your point, NP would be the way to go before doing IE. The IE exam is a different beast these days and preparation is crucial!
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wonder how much ccie make; i bet it should be between 80k and 100k arounnd there maybein cites and low end in small town ISPs 60-75K
    now these are educated guess what ya think you guys?? am i close???

when you CCIE seems like you get int teaching or start your own consulting or work in backbones??????

my 2 cents :D
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote:
    hetty wrote:
    RTmarc wrote:

historically a lot did before the professional qualifications came out. But I take your point, NP would be the way to go before doing IE. The IE exam is a different beast these days and preparation is crucial!
    This is correct. That's the point I was trying to make and the question I was asking.
  • Options
    RTmarc wrote:
    Turgon wrote:
    hetty wrote:
    RTmarc wrote:

This is correct. That's the point I was trying to make and the question I was asking.

Well there we are then. Im putting the situation into context. These days you are better off going the incremental route.
  • Options
    itdaddy wrote:
    I wonder how much ccie make; i bet it should be between 80k and 100k arounnd there maybein cites and low end in small town ISPs 60-75K
    now these are educated guess what ya think you guys?? am i close???

when you CCIE seems like you get int teaching or start your own consulting or work in backbones??????

my 2 cents :D

It varies..on my book shelf is a book printed in 1998 talking about 6 figure salaries for the CCIE. That was when 100000 dollars a year was a LOT of money. It doesn't buy you a house these days.
    CCIE's can still clear 100000 dollars and more besides but the deciding factor today really is experience.

Have you been technical lead of an entire infrastructure? Have you designed migration of facilities after a merger? Have you designed and project managed data centres from the ground up? A CCIE and 10 years experience is one thing. A CCIE and two years experience is another.
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    netdude wrote:
    how about a data center admin :D

less than "the enterprize"
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The new April 1st salary reports are out!

It is now said that CCIE's make an average of 240,956K!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Mishra wrote:

Where are ya reading from?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    mog27 wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

lol
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    doom969 wrote:
    mog27 wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

lol

If you make it obvious then it works a lot better. ;)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Hey! I knew he was being Facetious! icon_lol.gif
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Turgon

thanks for reply

yeah i know in our small town a fairly good size ISP has this guy who i think is only a CCNP
    even though i think a CCNP knows a heck of a lot! he gets like 75k a year
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    You don't have to be a CCIE to make 6 figures. icon_cool.gif
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?