Passed 70-620 with a 884!!

gpapagpapa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I used the MS Press Self Paced Training Kit book and CBT Nuggets.

This is my first time using any video resources and i absolutely love it and highly recommend it. For someone like myself who has been doing IT for a little over 2 years - sometimes its necessary to have a resource like this which better explains the topic and puts everything together into a real world perspective.

Not really necessary for a client exam, but i'll be diving into either the 70-284 (Exchange 03) or 70-291 exam soon so those videos will come in handy!

Comments

• mrx9000mrx9000 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I am a big CBT nuggets fan too!

I expect you would benefit by doing 70-290 before doing 70-291 :)
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on the pass. I am in the middle of studying for this exam as well. I am taking it on the 12th. So far i listened to the CBT Nuggets for it and have the MS Press book. I have not really touched the book yey but will pound it out before the exam.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • gpapagpapa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ULWiz wrote:
    Congrats on the pass. I am in the middle of studying for this exam as well. I am taking it on the 12th. So far i listened to the CBT Nuggets for it and have the MS Press book. I have not really touched the book yey but will pound it out before the exam.

Yea the CBT Nuggets were good - but I'll have to admit that the MS Press Book was dead on for this exam. The practice questions that came with the book were surprisingly good as well!

I've studied for the 70-290 exam with the Measure up questions that came the MS Press Book and they were horrible - had to end up getting transcender. For the vista exam however - dead on.
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Having not done any work related to 70-291, I've watched about 1/2 of the CBT Nuggetts for it and the MCT really lays out custom subnetting in a way you can understand. Ive watched that particular vid several times. He gets a little monotone, but worth it if you're new to the subject matter like I am.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Please rate the Network+ against the Vista 620 exam from a 1 lowest to 10 highest for each one.

Thanks

Taking this exam this month so just interested in hearing what you guys think.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • gpapagpapa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ULWiz wrote:
    Please rate the Network+ against the Vista 620 exam from a 1 lowest to 10 highest for each one.

Thanks

Man thats a really tough question - keep in mind everyone is different and some pick up material faster than others. I've read forums here where people say a certain exam is extremely difficult only to take myself and it be a walk in the park.

As to answer your question...

Difficulty COMPARING THE TWO: 10 being extremely difficult

Network+ - 7
    70-620 - 5

To me the 70-620 exam was hard at first, but after checking over my answers I was sure i had most of them right.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_cool.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • reeves122reeves122 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ULWiz wrote:

Thanks

Having taken both exams here would be my assessment:

1 to 10 (10 being hardest)

Vista: 4
    Network+: 6

Like the above poster said, this is very dependent on your experiences and how well you learn things. The Network+ exam tests on a lot of material and requires studying a broad range of topics. I found the Vista exam fairly easy to study for in comparison and the topics covered seemed simpler to learn.

Good luck in whichever path you choose!
    The EAST Initiative
    "We believe our students will change the world."
    http://www.eastinitiative.com/
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice one! :)

I'm taking this one next week, always good to see folk passing them in the run up to help boost your confidence a bit.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • RoRsChAcHRoRsChAcH Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! \m/\m/

I'm a fan of CBT Nuggets as well. I usually purchase them when I feel I'm weak on the subject/certification and they always come through for me!