Options

failed 70-623 with 683 - Now passed while at Teched!

wayliffwayliff Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I feel pretty bad...everything in the exam felt pretty simple to answer. Out of 54 questions, I only felt unsure about 8.

Oh well - better next time. I will try to schedule it for friday again.

Per my score sheet, my weakness was security but the questions that they asked on the security center were not something out of this world.

Comments

• Options
    gpapagpapa Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What are you studying with?
  • Options
    robfra50robfra50 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've had alot of toruble with this exam as I have written it 3 times and failed all 3 times with scores of 683,583 and most recent 516. I have used both Sybex and Microsoft Press books and although both are well written, I am finding trouble with the actual exam itself. Any thoughts on what I am missing please message me back. I want this cert!
  • Options
    RoRsChAcHRoRsChAcH Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I was debating on taking this exam (see http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32321 ) and decided to plow through the MS Press book. Overall it seemed to go over the same topics as the 70-620 but less in depth. I scheduled my test for next Wednesday 4/9 so I'll write up my thoughts. Don’t get down though....you were darn close! Brush up on your weak spots and hit it again! Hopefully you took advantage of Microsoft’s second shot promotion.
  • Options
    I studied with Vista Ultimate machine, the Sybex Study Guide and the Measureup simulation for this test.

Yeah I am definitely not down but more aggressive about it...It just did not make sense to me why I failed. I am going to pass next time!

In addition to that at the testing center, somebody pulled out a network cable and the server went down for almost an hour. Then the test administrator brought the server into the small room and another test taker, and myself, continue the exam with the nice noise of the server next to us.
    And this happened in the middle of the exam.

I am currently submitting my feedback to prometric.
  • Options
    RoRsChAcH wrote:
    Well I was debating on taking this exam (see http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32321 ) and decided to plow through the MS Press book. Overall it seemed to go over the same topics as the 70-620 but less in depth. I scheduled my test for next Wednesday 4/9 so I'll write up my thoughts. Don’t get down though....you were darn close! Brush up on your weak spots and hit it again! Hopefully you took advantage of Microsoft’s second shot promotion.

I was not able to do so because I was using a free voucher so I cannot use two promotial codes at the same time. I would have loved to.
  • Options
    Somehow I thought Prometric would have the courtesy of offering me a free voucher but it was not the case.
  • Options
    RoRsChAcHRoRsChAcH Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahhh....that really sucks about your testing experience! Good luck next time....sounds like you'll do fine. Any advice on the test? Is it sorta like 620?
  • Options
    robfra50robfra50 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do have second shot so I will be using that for sure. But I have till June so for now it's back to the books for now.
  • Options
    I took the exam while I was at TechEd and passed!
    Yippie!

Now I will focus on Security+ and perhaps later CEH...dont know exactly what I will do after Security+.
  • Options
    RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go Wayliff! Glad you did not give up!
  • Options
    BZ3BZ3 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Life wasn't meant to be spent sitting in a cubicle all day listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements