Options

mcp 70-270 exam thursday april 10th!!!!

morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
ok fellas,its crunch time and here's my game plan layout.

using Trancender prep software at the moment,when i'm done with that,i'm moving on to cbt nuggets,then if i have time left, use TestOut software and then use the cd that came with the book (Thomson Course Technology MCSE Guide to microsoft windows xp professional second edition,enhanced exam 20-270)

I wanna ask you guys,am i over doing it? should i concentrate on one or two software suites? i don't want to confuse myself,so please give me some advice on how and what i should study.

I am doing the "preset exam experience"within trancender,i do a 120 min drill with 60 questions,if i get any wrong,i don't delete it,i just go back and review the ones i get wrong and then do it all over again until i get 100% when i do that i move on to the remaining drills,i have 2 drills left of 4 total drills.

I did the flash card section first,so i'm now on preset exams,then on to the "optimize exam experience last.

I need everyones feedback,its almost time to do this damn thing!! icon_eek.gif
Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    It sounds like a good setup to me. I'm not too familiar with Transcender except for trying out their free trial. The questions seemed to me like a good prep for the Microsoft experience, better than most of the free test questions out there, though the ones at this site are really good as well. Don't forget to review the tech notes here, they're very good as well. You should be set to knock this exam out then!

Oh.

And lay off the video games for the week, they don't help as much as reading tech notes. :D
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    lol @ lay off video games for the week,i have a PS3,360,xbox1,Dreamcast,PS2 all hooked up to my samsung 40" lcd hdtv 1080p its good advice to stay away from playing games as i am addicted to a game on my ps3 called warhawk,i play it all the time but now that i have 10 days to study,i won't touch it until after my exam,it'll be my reward when i pass the exam to play it again :D

P.S. i'll hit the tech notes also during the week,anyone else have some input,please reply as i need all the information i cen get.

thank you much for your advice undomiel icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    cheesecouponscheesecoupons Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    morpheous wrote:
    lol @ lay off video games for the week,i have a PS3,360,xbox1,Dreamcast,PS2 all hooked up to my samsung 40" lcd hdtv 1080p its good advice to stay away from playing games as i am addicted to a game on my ps3 called warhawk,i play it all the time but now that i have 10 days to study,i won't touch it until after my exam,it'll be my reward when i pass the exam to play it again :D

P.S. i'll hit the tech notes also during the week,anyone else have some input,please reply as i need all the information i cen get.

thank you much for your advice undomiel icon_wink.gif

Good Luck to you!!

Not sure if that is overkill or not as I am in the same boat : )
  • Options
    I had 2 people in my class pass the 70-270 exam,they told me to study the CD that came with the book we read,its word for word they say but then again the Trancender is the closest to the actual test i've been told but i'll hit that one up too aswell,better safe than sorry i always say ^_^
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    renmizorenmizo Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed mine yesterday, used the TestOut training and studied for about a week. That was all, nothing more. My score was only 857, but then again I didn't study as much as I should have. Anything extra you can manage to squeeze in and study will be an added bonus.

The questions are a lot like that on the TestOut training courseware. There were quite a few file sharing / permissions questions, and several networking questions that had the "exhibits" you might be used to seeing. Overall, I though the test was easier than the courseware. With only 50 questions though, and pulling them from a larger pool of questions, who knows what they'll be.

Good luck!
  • Options
    hey,thanks for the heads up on the exam,congrats on your pass,does'nt matter the score,your mcp certified for 4 years!

I have cbt nuggets,TestOut,Trancert and the software that came with the book i was reading at the Technical school i attend,so i am good to know with material.

Tech notes and the 50 questions and answers on the top of this page are good too.

I take my exam thursay the 10th of april,i'm a little nervous but 2 people in my class passed so far and i get higher grades between the both of them,so i am feeling a little confident.