Options

Service dependencies... seriously??

JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm just kind of frustrated at the moment over some practice test questions for the 291. It seems like I get 3-4 questions every time I try a practice test that says if service X goes down, what services must you restart afterwards? I mean, do we really have to memorize every service dependency for this test? If it happened in real life, just check the dependencies tab and restart those services. Why would we have to memorize that? It's rediculous. Anyway, kind of feeling out if that's something I should be worried about for the test or if it's just the MS readiness review software being extremely picky. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
    What gave you the idea you have to remember every service dependency???

????

There are important service dependencies to be familiar with in real world for sure.

Workstation, Server, others....they are all fairly easy to remember.

Just remember what the services do and then you can map out in your head what they should be dependent on.

For example....TCP/IP NETBIOS is obviously dependent on Workstation.

Just go from there.
    CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As far as the exam goes, I think the main idea you should take away from this is that services can be dependent on one another. Keep that in mind if you have to deal with troubleshooting services. It probably wouldn't hurt you to go over common dependencies though.