Options

What does it take to become a Network Admin?

aznluvsmcaznluvsmc Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
You're college GPA is a little low compared to your University GPA. Other than that, with you qualifications you should just shoot for a Help Desk position. You don't have any experience in technical support and don't hold any certifications. Try and get a coop placement through your college to break into the field.

Comments

• Options
    Scott HarrisonScott Harrison Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My college has NONE at all, they just referred me to a website becuase they claim that is where all there jobs are on. They don't do face to face placment, they just give it all online.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I don't know if I would put that 2.8 GPA on there... icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Looks like you've had a lot of Netware coursework, I'll ask you this question.

When this ONE person attempts to login to a machine which Windows has no account for, Netware will not let him log in unless I manually go in and create his account under Windows, leave the password blank, then use that when the Windows password screen comes up after the Netware login fails. I hit the "Change Windows password to Netware password" box, and it works.

NW is supposed to create the account in Windows automatically if if isn't already on the machine and it does...for everyone else.

Any thoughts?