Options

Did not pass this time and prometric troubles

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Well this was my second shot at the beast. Again it was 2/3's dns. I had 47 questions, 1 sim, 2-3 rras questions, 3-4 dhcp, 1 kerberos, and a few misc questions. I'll just have to pull double duty now since my 293 exam is scheduled for the end of this month. I scored a 676

crash.gif

Still prometric lived up to it's name by locking up and rebooting a few times. It also took forever to load questions, it felt like I sat there for 5 minutes waiting for the review screen to come up. Then yet another 5 minutes to find out I didn't pass. Would it kill them to speed up the connections a little.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• Options
    mattd75mattd75 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man, I am not looking forward to this one... icon_cry.gif

Did you have to do any subnetting? Any VLSM questions? I am studying the MS Press book and the first couple of chapters are killing me! This is why I didnt go the CCNA route...
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    azjag wrote:
    Well this was my second shot at the beast. Again it was 2/3's dns. I had 47 questions, 1 sim, 2-3 rras questions, 3-4 dhcp, 1 kerberos, and a few misc questions. I'll just have to pull double duty now since my 293 exam is scheduled for the end of this month. I scored a 676

crash.gif

Still prometric lived up to it's name by locking up and rebooting a few times. It also took forever to load questions, it felt like I sat there for 5 minutes waiting for the review screen to come up. Then yet another 5 minutes to find out I didn't pass. Would it kill them to speed up the connections a little.

sorry to hear icon_sad.gif

what does your score sheet indicate as your strengths/weaknesses? If you just studied up on the weak parts, you could probably go back and nail this!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    mattd75 wrote:

Did you have to do any subnetting? Any VLSM questions? I am studying the MS Press book and the first couple of chapters are killing me! This is why I didnt go the CCNA route...

Once you do get the CCNA, subnetting is one of the easier parts of an exam
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mattd75 wrote:

I didn't have any vlsm questions this time. But every test is different. Another thing to remember is that the questions are weighted differently. So even though I got 28 or so dns questions, it means that the 3-4 rras questions are worth more and if you miss 2 you have already failed. Especially since it's one of the core objectives. I'm planning to step up to plate again in mid may. give me time to redo the training and look at other exams. Build my confidence back up. I'll slay it next time. :)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    azjag wrote:

crash.gif

Sounds like my experience when I took 291. The computer crashed at least a couple of times, one time bad enough that I had to continue my test on another computer. When I was done with the test, it crashed again and would not let me get a printout of my results. The proctor called support and after about an hour, they still couldn't get it for me. I had to call the next day, and have them email it to me. Needless to say, it was a real screwed up experience with me. I wish we could still go to Vue for our MS testing.