Options

I miss my CCNP :(

optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
Well, going to be taking the Security+ in a couple weeks and getting this over with. It seems that my mind often wonders to thinking about routers & switches, when I am reading my Security+ material. My friend was watching a CBT Nuggets vid on BCMSN and I realized just then how much I missed my Cisco stuff after just watching a few minutes with him icon_cry.gif

Is there such a thing as commiting adultry to your CCNP study track? icon_rolleyes.gif It almost seems like a betrayal to be studying Security+ in the middle of my CCNP track but I have no choice (employer requirement).

Comments

• Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    optimus wrote:
    Is there such a thing as commiting adultry to your CCNP study track? icon_rolleyes.gif It almost seems like a betrayal to be studying Security+ in the middle of my CCNP track but I have no choice (employer requirement).

Of course there's such a thing. Just take my advice... be very sweet when you apologize to her. Maybe buy her flowers... some jewelry. Remember that you strayed, not her. And if you do all that well enough, she'll most likely take you back.

CCNP's are fickle lovers... but thankfully, they have rather short memories (2 years, I believe),
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mikearama wrote:
    CCNP's are fickle lovers... but thankfully, they have rather short memories (2 years, I believe),
    3 years, but that works to your advantage. The exams are good for 3 years, and the CCNP has to recertified every 3 years. icon_lol.gif

Here's what you say --

You were feeling a little unprepared for the security topics in the BCMSN and the ISCW exams...

So you took the Security+ as a surprise. sort of like security dance lessons, so that the CCNP wouldn't be disappointed when you get out on the CCNP exam dance floor.

Just make sure you can dance when you get back to the CCNP exams icon_lol.gif

And good luck with the Security+ Exam icon_thumright.gif

Just hope the CCNP doesn't think you're planning to skip out on her and go after her sister the CCSP. icon_eek.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You guys crack me up. If her sister is funner to be around and more attractive, then of course he should go after her sister.. Just don't try to apologize later. It won't work.

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yes ,

you have to reaffirm your commitment every three years.
    by proving yourself with a composite exam or a ccie written.
    if you're like me you take the compostite once, the written twice and never commit to the lab.

if you are a ccie you take the security written to extend the commitment 3 years.
    but you can no longer take her out twice back to back to get a six year commitment.
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You guys crack me up. If her sister is funner to be around and more attractive, then of course he should go after her sister.. Just don't try to apologize later. It won't work.

Why dont you just have both....WHO KNOWS what fun and games you could have there :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    optimus wrote:
    Well, going to be taking the Security+ in a couple weeks and getting this over with. It seems that my mind often wonders to thinking about routers & switches, when I am reading my Security+ material. My friend was watching a CBT Nuggets vid on BCMSN and I realized just then how much I missed my Cisco stuff after just watching a few minutes with him icon_cry.gif

Just tell your CCNP sweetie that you're through with that Security+ hussy for good, that it was just a temporary fling with a young, immature cert., and to please take you back. You don't want the separation to become a divorce. icon_wink.gif
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Ten bucks says marriage material CCNP has a dirty side just waiting to be let out.......

Why not just tell her as I'm pretty sure she'll be up for some action with that whore Sec+ icon_lol.gif

Can you tell I haven't had much rest!!! lo late night BCMSN studying making me go cuckoo......

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Don't feel bad, I had to bench the ONT (the last of the CCNP exams for me) to get the SND so I can get a new job. Security certs look good and I need to have more security knowledge.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:

Here's what you say --

You were feeling a little unprepared for the security topics in the BCMSN and the ISCW exams...

So you took the Security+ as a surprise. sort of like security dance lessons, so that the CCNP wouldn't be disappointed when you get out on the CCNP exam dance floor.

Just make sure you can dance when you get back to the CCNP exams icon_lol.gif

Sounds like you have been watching too much Dancing with the Stars, Mike! :Dicon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

yukkyyukky Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    this is a weird, weird thread.
    Buying hardware for a home lab is addicting-- (Need.. more.. toys...) **(need.. more.. money)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Man, I can't wait to get in bed with CCNP. I see her around town, sometimes with other admins, but I know that the time isn't right to make my move. The router we've got running at the house, (aside from the firewall,) doesn't have a console port, so she doesn't do Greek. I'll just have to get a high-priced PRO to hold me over until I can find my way back to my Cisco-love.

(And yes, this is a very weird thread. icon_lol.gif )

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Stop eyeing my woman off Slowhand!!!!! icon_lol.gif

I'll 3rd that Wierd thread statement!!! :p

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    A.P.A wrote:
    Stop eyeing my woman off Slowhand!!!!! icon_lol.gif
    I hear she's into the kinky stuff: switching, edge(router) play, and groupstudy. Hell, I hear she takes two or three people per session; both men and women!

• Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I don't know...I feel kind of weird now for being attracted to CCNP...I thought she was a guy...now you guys have me questioning my sexuality...am I just a lipstick **** who's been fooling around with butch looking certs all this time thinking they were male?!?!

I mean, CCNA told me it was ok, I was just curious and we were experimenting...I thought I could always go back to the other certs after I'd satisfied my curiousity, but after trying Cisco, the other certs just seemed too coarse, too rough. She tricked me! icon_redface.gif ROFL!

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    Hey yukky... I was out with your CCNP last night. Damn, she's huge!!! But my god, what a ride.

Went to dinner... she needed four courses to fill... a chilled BSCI, BCMSN soup, ONT mid-well, and ISCW with butter and sour cream. Oh, and the NA? With ice cream, no less.

I got her home, fired her up with a little sweet-talk, starting playing with her ports, threw in the ol' cat-6, tried a few different routes, eventually had her totally optimized.

But you gotta be careful... that big ol' gal will buck ya if you're not careful. She needs constant attention, and she's a stickler for the details. She's big, but she's got pride. I think I'm gonna have to make her mine!
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    pookerpooker Member Posts: 129 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yukky wrote:
    this is a weird, weird thread.
    lol but u have a chicken sitting on a router. >.<
    I wanna be ccie
  • Options
    mikearama wrote:
    Hey yukky... I was out with your CCNP last night. Damn, she's huge!!! But my god, what a ride.
    I hear her sisters are big girls, too. CCVP's got some pipes on her, and CCIP gives some great (quality of) service, but I hear CCSP is the kinky one. She'll lock you down, tease you with bandwidth then deny access to the backdoor, and she'll inspect every packet you stream when she's feeling frisky. I swing a lot of (data)pipe, so I'll just have to sleep around to find out which Cisco-sister to mount on my wall first.

• Options
    And yes, the "I hear she's into CBT" joke would be far too easy to make with going the kinky/S&M road for CCSP. (For those of you that bruise easily, do NOT Google CBT.)

And while we're on the subject, we're not the first tech-geeks to take our jokes down this road.

• Options
    all I've got to say is that for the past 18 months I've been torn away from my one true love ccie
    and forced to live with the dungeon mistress of pain PCI
    but her auditor bdsm friends are almost done and then i can return home and take her out for
    that $1200 date ...... maybe more than once icon_eek.gif
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    darkuser wrote:
    $1200 date
    You have been out of it -- a date (with lunch) is now $1400 icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    still cheaper than one of elliot's dates !!!! icon_cool.gif
    with an average looking girl

heck for the price of one of HIS dates
    i can get my # !!! icon_twisted.gif
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    Now Mike just needs to score with CCIE so she can keep the rest of his harem in line.