70-350ers

AndrewNPAndrewNP Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

All you 70-350ers out there how did you find the exam - Was it purely ISA based or did it discuss firewalls in general.

Also do they ask questions about third party add-ons, scripts , ISA appliances ect - or is it just pure ISA 2004 with nothing else added.

Just also wondering if they discuss things like deploying ISA client via group policy, WPAD entries, certificates, not running ISA on a DC.

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    1st off, take the ISA 2006 exam instead. Prep for it with ISA 2004 materials, and you'll do fine. With 70-351, you get MCTS certification, and it still counts as a security elective. In fact, you can take ISA 2004 and 2006 to cover both electives. I stumbled into MCSE 2000: Security and MCSA 2000/2003: Security certifications by doing that.

Look at the exam outline, and you'll see there's nothing about third party add ons, scripts, ISA appliances.

The other information would be fair game.
    Good luck to all!
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    No need to doule-post.

check answers in your other post.

Good luck !

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29492
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • AndrewNPAndrewNP Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    1st off, take the ISA 2006 exam instead. Prep for it with ISA 2004 materials, and you'll do fine. With 70-351, you get MCTS certification, and it still counts as a security elective. In fact, you can take ISA 2004 and 2006 to cover both electives. I stumbled into MCSE 2000: Security and MCSA 2000/2003: Security certifications by doing that.

Look at the exam outline, and you'll see there's nothing about third party add ons, scripts, ISA appliances.

The other information would be fair game.

I am already booked for 70-350. I was thinking with ISA 2006 I have not really used it at all (since 2004 does everything I need and is very stable with SP3) whilst I have had years of experience with 2004.

However if you think I could pass 2006 with just studding 2004 then I wonder if Prometric can change an exam that is already booked and paid for? - it is the same price.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    AndrewNP wrote:
    I wonder if Prometric can change an exam that is already booked and paid for? - it is the same price.

You'll probably have to cancel and reschedule. As long as you do it more than a day before you're schedule, they'll refund your money.
  • AndrewNPAndrewNP Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    AndrewNP wrote:
    I wonder if Prometric can change an exam that is already booked and paid for? - it is the same price.

You'll probably have to cancel and reschedule. As long as you do it more than a day before you're schedule, they'll refund your money.

Nope

They said they cannot do refunds - anyway I have passed 70-350.

I guess there is nothing to stop me going and sitting 70-351 now except I don't really have the time. It is a 4hour exam and it was not much fun.

Oh I got an 858 BTW and am now MCSE2003:Security - well kind of (I have my print out and all except it takes a week or so for prometric to send results to MS and then its a month or more to get the actual cert in the post).
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    No way that exam would take 4 hours, especially if you passed 70-350 without a problem.

Dude, sit 70-351, you'll blow through it.
    Good luck to all!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    AndrewNP wrote:
    dynamik wrote:
    AndrewNP wrote:

Nope

They said they cannot do refunds - anyway I have passed 70-350.

I guess there is nothing to stop me going and sitting 70-351 now except I don't really have the time. It is a 4hour exam and it was not much fun.

Oh I got an 858 BTW and am now MCSE2003:Security - well kind of (I have my print out and all except it takes a week or so for prometric to send results to MS and then its a month or more to get the actual cert in the post).

really? I have cancelled and resheduled before and got my refund. Except mine was I forgot to add my 2nd shot voucher. Im surprised they told you NO.

anyway, congrats on the pass and the security specialization! :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security