Options

MCSA PREPERATION

silky007silky007 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,
I am inquiring about the MCSA exam. I have been preparing for the 70-270 AND THE 70-290 exam for some time now and I will be attempting to take the test in about a month I know you guys are sick of these questions but I would like some advice on what to expect and tips on how to best prepare.
Thank you forum!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What study materials have you been using? Be sure to check out the Practice Exams and TechNotes here as well (links at the top).
  • Options
    mrjawbonesmrjawbones Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I normally use MeasureUp and Transcender for practice tests, and also some CBT Nuggets mixed in to brush up on my weak areas or areas where I need more clarification.

Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    WIP: CEH
    Next: CCNA

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's really hard to reply to these posts because we more or less need an "about me" post telling us about your background in IT as well as education, ya know?

In general you want to skip the XP exam and do the Vista exam now since it covers Microsoft's next-gen tests. (the MCSA and MCSE are replaced in the new versions of Windows)

Either way,

Transcender + Sybex + CBGNuggets = win
    -Daniel
  • Options
    silky007silky007 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Forum.
    I do need to tell you a little about my background so you can better assist me. I worked as a field engineer for about 6 years for Motorola and the used Widows NT 4.0 for their LAN ethernet systems. Being that I was traveling all the time I could not find the time to get Certified. I no longer travel or work for Motorola I work for an Internet company in PA. now. I have only earned my associates in computer science. But I do have allot of work experience. However I have learned allot through my studies for the MCSA test but I am lacking the knowledge to successfully complete the exams. The company that I work for wants me to take the mcsa exams in 2 months and I have been using the (mcsa/mcse self paced training kit sybex and also i am involved with Tech Pros group and they are suppling me with a virtual lab through their VPN. So their you have it I hope that this gives you a better perspective of my credentials and where I stand. I have been studying very hard for some time now and i just need some guidance and I hope you can provide your assistance I would be forever in you debt.
    Thank you for you time.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    At this point, I'd suggest you give Transcender a shot. Their practice exams will give you a fairly accurate representation of the actual exam experience.